PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another New Panic Attack Sufferer

Smarteenie
14-02-07, 22:03
Hi there. I'm very new to all this but can't tell you how relieved I am to have found this site. I felt like I was the only one going through this and everyone else thought I was bonkers.

Anyway, it all started in August last year when I was with the kids during the summer holidays and for some bizarre reason the attacks started off happening in the car and then became more and more frequent until I virtually became housebound and petrified. I felt really bad for the kids (felt really bad anyway!) because I felt completely useless. Anyway, after a really embarrassing episode with an ambulance I went to my GP who has put me on anti-ds. I was gutted at first as I was put on them two years ago for postnatal depression and I felt I had failed. Anyway, after four weeks of taking them I began to feel 'normal' and never looked back. I have started yoga, upped my exercise and am going through counselling.

However, my GP wants to take me off medication in March and I have to say I am absolutely petrified. Will they start again? How do I cope if they do?

Well, anyway, I just wanted to say how great it was reading your messages and knowing that I am not alone.

Thanks.:)

manmoor
14-02-07, 23:28
Hi Smarteenie,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

lizzie29
15-02-07, 09:45
Hi Smarteenie

Welcome to the site, hope you find lots of good support and advice.
Don't feel like you've failed by going back on tablets, the fact that you're getting through life and asked for help is a big achievement in itself.
It's hard to say what will happen when you come off the tablets, I was taking some last summer and was fine for months then back on again now. Everyone is different though and I suppose it depends on what's going on in your life at that time. The yoga, exercise and counselling will have helped and if you find you don't cope without medication, then you can just start taking it again.
I used to hate taking medication, but as someone pointed out to me, if it was a physical illness I had, I wouldn't think twice about it. Obviously I look forward to a day when I am able to cope without tablets, but for the meantime they're helping me, and, through this site, I have realised that a lot of people take them and it's a lot more common than I thought.

Hope I've managed to offer some good advice, let us know how you get on with counselling and then when you start to come off the medication.

Lizzie x

wobily_lin
15-02-07, 10:27
elo,

A big welcome to the site..great support n advice here...glad ta have u on board..x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

trac67
19-02-07, 13:51
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

nomorepanic
20-02-07, 18:11
Hi

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some lovely caring people and gets loads of support and advice.