PDA

View Full Version : Eye problems: Need Reassurance

DYLCC15
22-10-15, 13:41
Hello!

I have frequented this forum many times. For those of you who don't know, my name is Dylan. I am a sufferer of Panic Disorder, OCD, HA, and.

In the past 6 mos, my ventures with HA have been at an all time high. Let's just say I have diagnosed myself with over 30 illnesses, including brain tumors, MS, ALS, Stroke, Heart Attack, Heart disease etc.

My symptoms come and go, and can include: weakness, malaise, racing heart, hot flashes, numbness, tingling of the limbs, severe panic, pain in arm, and blurry vision.

Of course, I have been to three eye docs, had at least 4 blood work ups, a ct of my head and of my brain, 2 ekgs, numerous blood pressure tests, diabetes test, thyroid test, etc. Everything has come back clean and Gps are attributed it to stress.

MY NEW SYMPTOM:

Lately, well by lately I mean yesterday, I noticed that one of my eyes looks different from the other-- it is almost droopy like and strange looking. So of course, I got on the terrilble google machine, and it said it could be a brain tumor, MG, MS, Stroke, etc. I am freaking out.

Can a droopy lid be caused by stress and anxiety? I mean I did notice it in a picture in september, but since then this is the only other time I've noticed it. It like comes and goes I guess. Let me preface by saying I've had extreme anxiety since the beginning of summer and had to take time off of Uni completely.

What is happening? Can anyone relate?

countrygirl
22-10-15, 13:59
When you say droopy - is it drooping so much it is affecting your vision or someone else has commented on it its so obvious?? If so then thats a reason to take it seriously but otherwise its probably due to tired muscles when you are super anxious.
I get severe eyelid twitching when I am tired and anxious to the point where my eyelid almost closes, I have had this occasionally for over 30 years plus severe twitching in other parts of my body. Its nothings - its harmless and now due to any neuro disease. Its my body reacting to me being tired and stressed/anxious.

DYLCC15
22-10-15, 14:48
It's not really affecting my vision and I don't feel the droopiness. I've asked my sister and she said she didn't notice anything, and then I asked my friend. She said she could only notice it when my glasses were off and if I pointed it out to her. It took her a minute to notice it at all.

So do you think all these symptoms could be related to my severe stress, and anxiety? I had a bad reaction to zoloft in March and ever since I've just been all sorts of out of whack. And I've had every test imaginable. The only thing I haven't had done is an MRI.

Thanks for replying and hope to hear back,

Dyl(: