PDA

View Full Version : IBS again?

Jo3016
22-10-15, 14:26
It's been a while! I have been really good at holding my anxiety symptoms at bay for a few years now - CBT really helped with this!
About 10 days ago, I woke with a really sore pea shaped lump had appeared over night by my anus. After about 5 days, the pain subsided and the lump has shrunk but is still there. I managed to push away any fears of cancer especially as the symptoms pointed to a perineal haematoma.
However, also over the last two weeks, I have also been dealing with the unexpected diagnosis of a very good friend with Colon cancer. I have been very heavily involved with them as a family since the diagnosis and have been a real strength to them. I think it has taken its toll though! 3 days ago, IBS symptoms came back with a vengeance!! I have awful abdominal pain across my tummy button, down the left side and up under my ribs, bloating, wind and feel so sorry for myself. When I think about it, or my friend or get upset about anything, it becomes awful!! I don't have any bleeding ( and didn't even do with the haematoma), or a huge change in BM. I know that I have had these symptoms many times before but I am really struggling to hold off the fear of having cancer myself!! What can I do???