PDA

View Full Version : Please please help...

gemsparky
22-10-15, 19:21
I am so upset. I don't know what to say. I have severe anxiety and OCD. I am currently 21 weeks pregnant. I dearly wanted baby. I cannot escape the feeling that I will die or I have cancer. I have several health problems including a painful coccyx/ lower back (11 months), a cough (6 months) and a lump in my breast. I recently had an ultrasound on the lump in my breast, the Doctor said it was a cyst. This news settled me for a few weeks but the past couple of days I cannot stop thinking the worst things. I am struggling so much. I went to see a therapist and made an appointment for CBT but the day before I got a call saying she was poorly. Then a couple of weeks have gone by and I spoke to them today and they said she is back a week on Monday and they will ring me to sort an appointment. I am just so upset all of the time. My poir hubby is so supportive. I spend all of my time worrying and can't focus. I don't know what to do. My mum passed away last year after fighting breast cancer. I just can't stop worrying about it. Please help me. Please. X

daisyflower
22-10-15, 19:46
You definitely don't have cancer as it would have shown in your pregnancy blood tests. You need to keep your mind busy as best as you can. If I was you, I would focus fully on the pregnancy. Instead of going in this forum and seeing posts about people worrying they have cancer, etc, join a pregnancy forum. Baby and bump is a good one. Keep your mind busy as much as you can as you ARE healthy X

gemsparky
22-10-15, 19:52
Hi Daisy. Thanks. I know seeking reassurance is one of the huge problems with this type of anxiety as the relief is only short lived but it is still nice to hear. My mind just says what if what if all the time. What if she didn't scan me properly? What if it's hidden? What if every ache and pain is a warning it has spread somewhere else. My mind is just in overdrive. I'm trying to keep occupied and I'm busy at work but my heart is breaking every second. I am trying so hard to be positive for my husband and my baby but it is so hard....

Traceypo
22-10-15, 20:13
Hi hun, has the pain in your tailbone been checked out? I suffer from a pilonidal cyst which is in the area you describe, totally harmless, but painful at times.
Good luck with the cbt, give it your all.
Xxx

gemsparky
22-10-15, 20:24
Hi Tracy, I've had a pelvic X-ray and ultrasound (both before pregnancy)but apart from that no. An a and e doctor pressed on my coccyx and diagnosed coccydenia although had already suggested this which is why I think he said it. I got referred for physio but it was more pregnancy related. I don't think she understood this problem is long standing and said she couldn't do much. I feel like I just go around in circles. X

Traceypo
22-10-15, 20:56
I've had mine for years, it's painful when it flares up and sometimes becomes an abscess. I'm on another support site for this condition.
I've had cbt twice, on both occasions it has been very useful, I'm not cured, however function far better than when this first started.
Xxx