PDA

View Full Version : Lightheaded when rubbing side of head

Libra
22-10-15, 21:18
Happened couple of times in past few months.. When my upper trapezius muscle and shoulder are very tense if I rub side of head, towards top I have few seconds slight lightheaded.. What ?? Any ideas ?

pasta heaven
23-10-15, 03:43
Hi, I have a dizzy feeling if I put my hand on my head whilst lying down lookin up. Don't know why but it does worry me. I'm on citalopram 10mg and I'm wondering if it's the medication.

Phill2
23-10-15, 04:59
Happened couple of times in past few months.. When my upper trapezius muscle and shoulder are very tense if I rub side of head, towards top I have few seconds slight lightheaded.. What ?? Any ideas ?
Maybe stop rubbing side of head ???

Libra
23-10-15, 21:19
Hi, I have a dizzy feeling if I put my hand on my head whilst lying down lookin up. Don't know why but it does worry me. I'm on citalopram 10mg and I'm wondering if it's the medication.

I don't take any meds but im pretty sure its coming from my trapezius when I raise my arm a little. Ive had trapezius probs before.. They do hold a lot of tension.. Wonder if you have same problem with the arm raising ?

pasta heaven
23-10-15, 21:34
Hi, I'm no doctor but I believe trapezius muscle weakness can cause dizziness. Check it on the internet it should help put your mind at ease. There are exercises you can do to help with the problem. I am getting upper back aches behind the sternum area so I suppose there could be some connection there withe trapezium muscle. No problem with raising arm though but when you think of it there has to be a connection there withe trapezium muscle.