PDA

View Full Version : Migraine and fatigue afterwards

dizzy daisy
23-10-15, 10:39
Hi All

I had a migraine with aura on Monday and am still feeling quite badly fatigued 4 days on. I was silly in that I forced myself back into work and had to come home because I felt so exhausted. Probably set myself back a bit there too. I'm really stressing out because I've not been in that job very long and I know the stress isn't helping the situation. I'm left with arms feeling like lead, generally tired, lack of appetite and really tense muscles in neck shoulders and arms. I did start to panic big time when having the migraine- who wouldn't. Anyway starting to worry that there is something more serious going on and of course this just increases the anxiety- help

Boydo
24-10-15, 22:54
hey there =) sorry to see you suffered this but when my anxiety was at it peek i used get brutal migranes that left me fatigue for days ive done alot of research on this subject..... basically anxiety your brain working over time already ... then when you get a migrane it still working hard but also suffering once migrane over your more tired then would be as it working twice as hard i had one a week if not more am no longer suffering anxiety doesnt last forever mine at worst lasted 6 solid months and house bound me the entire time am now working 6 days a week i still get my moments but its better then it was if want try calm it ask doctor for ssri called sertraline might not work for you but done wonders for me and few others once they kicked in these symptons should subside and you be like wow i got though this and that make u even stronger! am on here as am having a moment but got alot going on now and it reappears in little bursts but my anti depressants seem keep everything level hope you find your way out soon x

dizzy daisy
26-10-15, 10:53
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm off to GP today as I'm now having symptoms of virus too which obviously hasn't helped and then that just made my anxiety go into overdrive.

I have been doing quite well too recently, but like you have had some pretty crap stuff going on in my life recently. I guess this was an opportunity for my stress to come out and go off on one.

I hope you too find calm soon and are able to carry on life as normal.

Thanks once again x