PDA

View Full Version : check in thread for this week

emily67
23-10-15, 11:25
hi all,

so how's everyone's week been?. what's everyone been up to

my weekss been the same as usual, barely anything exciting going on.

it rained for most of the week, and I had my Christmas lights turned on by 10 11 A.M in the morning (that's how dark it was outside!). today it's a lot briter, but why do I get the feeling that it's not going to last the weekend... lol.

checked out the new game show on ITV, pick me. not impressed, it was an hour of them just repeating the same stuff- picking someone to try and win a prize, then have the contestants bluff to try and fool them and at the end who ever was picked won money anyway... just why. why do they put on such rubbish these days

of course the big news in tv for me this week is who shot robbert in emmerdale. today I finally find out in a special rewind episode, and not even I can point the finger at someone.. their are so many suspects, and it might not even be anyone who's previously been questioned. it could be someone like laurel, or the old granddad person. now either of those would shake the story up lol

apart from that, same things as always. pizza on Tuesday, shopping online Wednesday, and tonight of course sausages and chips takeaway

still no sleep, but I've got a new book which i'm reading at night.. the autobiography of Jennifer saunders (not that I've any clue who Jennifer saunders is, well she's to do with comedy) but that's all I know

hope everyone had a good week

xx

Magic
23-10-15, 11:47
Hi Emily, My week about the same as yours.
Just something I did and should not have done,
Just fed up of my lank straight hair- so but a perm kit from Boots.
I had such a struggle doing it. What a flipping mess I made.
Anyway it turned out so frizzy!!! I tried vinegar/water. nothing happened.
So I warmed up some coconut oil and had it in on all night.
This morning washed it out. Put loads of conditioner on left for ages.
No still the same. Am sitting here with sponge rollers in wait for it to dry.
If it does not alter .I can screw it up and have a frizzy ponytail.:mad:
I have not read Jennifer Saunders autobiography. Should be funny though.
She did a show on TV with Dawn French :hugs:

ricardo
23-10-15, 11:52
There is an innocence about you which is quite endearing Emily:)

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

Who would have thought jenifer Saunders would be married to Adrian Edmondson , the lunatic in "Bottom" with Rik Mayall.

swgrl09
23-10-15, 12:03
Hi all,

Good to hear from you Emily. I love that you've got Christmas lights out already!

Magic - I can't imagine, I have curly hair naturally and am always straightening it. I considered the opposite - getting it relaxed. But never bit the bullet and went through with it. Hopefully it calms down a little for you.

I have had a really busy week. I took a sick day Monday and would never have guessed it by now in the week - it's been so busy and tiring. I am so glad it's Friday. I don't know why things have been so busy but we are still short-staffed too.

Politics are all over the place here in the USA ... getting sick of it really.

mark84
23-10-15, 17:09
Politics are all over the place here in the USA ... getting sick of it really.

That'd make a great campaign slogan. I vote swgrl, I think you'd really stand out alongside the others;

Make America Great Again! Hilary For America! Getting Sick Of It Really!

I quite like this Rand Paul one though I must confess, only because I read it wrong though:
"Defeat the Washing Machine. Unleash the American Dream."

swgrl09
23-10-15, 18:30
Hahaha ... Honestly if Donald Trump is elected I'm moving to a new country. How's the UK? Lol

mark84
24-10-15, 10:41
Hahaha ... Honestly if Donald Trump is elected I'm moving to a new country. How's the UK? Lol

You'll never fit in- not only is there the language barrier, but also the vast cultural difference.

Soon as I've finished this episode of Modern Family, and been to KFC for lunch I'm tipping border patrol off that you're on your way, turn back now!!

:bighug1:

swgrl09
24-10-15, 13:02
Bahh! Come on! haha I need an escape as my back-up plan... Canada is too cold!!:roflmao:

lior
24-10-15, 14:00
Politics are all over the place here too... refugee crisis... cuts... NHS struggling... my friends reckon this government will lead to a rise in homelessness...

My week has been intense. I'm tired and I feel that I have too much work to do. On the upside, I had a really lovely lie-in this morning.

Magic
24-10-15, 14:49
Went to Boots again to buy something to get rid of my frizz.
The rain did not help.
Oh what a would give for a few curls.

Swgrl. I want some of yours!!:)

Waiting for the Stoke football to start at 3pm.
It is ridiculous I get so wound up about a flipping football match.:doh:

pulisa
24-10-15, 18:39
Magic, I feel your pain after the game! My lot lost 1-0 to Leicester and we have Man U next Saturday!

Hope you get more luck next Saturday!

swgrl09
24-10-15, 18:57
Magic, wish I could give you them! I am glad its getting colder only because it was easier to straighten my hair this morning :D Rain never helps frizz. I like Kinky Curly Curling Custard when I wear it natural.

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Lior - I know what you mean. Felt good to sleep today.

swgrl09
24-10-15, 20:47
Sounds good, I might be able to arrange that!! Got some friends who would want to high-tail it out of here if we have President Trump as well :D And after Halloween, I can get candy for 1/2 price

MyNameIsTerry
25-10-15, 04:24
After seeing the US again, there isn't to much difference between us Brits and the Yanks, come on over (and bring some Butterfingers and Jerky with you please, oh a nice American woman for me). We're a similar bunch of people really :L

We've probably got some you can have back too :winks: just do us a swap for some nice ones.

---------- Post added at 04:24 ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 ----------

Went to Boots again to buy something to get rid of my frizz.
The rain did not help.
Oh what a would give for a few curls.

Swgrl. I want some of yours!!:)

Waiting for the Stoke football to start at 3pm.
It is ridiculous I get so wound up about a flipping football match.:doh:

Did they do the minutes silence for that lad?