PDA

View Full Version : Migraine and fatigue- help

dizzy daisy
23-10-15, 11:40
Hi All. I'm 39 and have suffered with anxiety since age of 16- although probably did before this to be fair.

The thing that's freaking me out at the moment is I had migraine with aura on Monday- this always panics me. I had bad fatigue after it and as I've only been in my new job a few months I forced myself back into work. Had to come home midday as just exhausted. Now 4 days after the migraine I'm still feeling fatigue, heavy arms in particular which keep getting tense and getting muscle spasms in shoulders and chest. I know the anxiety is making things worse.

Anyone else had this? Feel so guilty too about being off work which has put me in low mood and stressing that this fatigue might be something more serious!!

Kelley
25-10-15, 06:55
Hi dizzy daisy.
I too suffer migraines with aura and can tell you that it's absolutely normal to have what they call a migraine 'hangover' in the week following an aura. This part really unnerves me as it's quite distressing when you just can't get past it quickly as you'd like to. As is if the migraine isn't bad enough!! I can feel lethargic and weak and sleepy for a week after.

Kel

Sammylou
25-10-15, 12:09
Hi there, I am exactly the same, after a migraine I can feel washed out, dizzy, heavy arms and feeling like im not quite with it for a good few days after. I often say to people I feel like im drunk. I have researched this and it is completely normal to feel this way xx

dizzy daisy
26-10-15, 10:09
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I really appreciate the support right now. It's strange because I've had both anxiety and migraine from the age of 16 so I don't know why I stress so much. Just all part of the problem I suppose. I think what's made this worse is that 1 - I completely panicked about being off work and 2- I'm still not right now, but I've got really dry hot eyes, dry red throat and nose and on and off pains/ pressure behind my ears and nose so think have also got some kind of virus too. I now have to go to the GP because I'm running into my second week so need a sick note for work- arrgh and now I'm panicking again because I always fear the GP will diagnose something horrendous!! That's health anxiety for you eh.

Thanks once again guys xx