PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone feel like their body isn't balanced, like I'm dragging my left side

damianjmcgrath
23-10-15, 16:49
Does anyone else feel a bit unbalanced? It often feels like my left side, especially left chest, shoulder, top of arm area is a bit heavier than the rest of my body. It sometimes feels like I'm dragging it, especially compared to my right side which feels lighter and more flexible.

I get twinges of pain in those left areas too, and when I'm standing upright, still, arms relaxed by my side, my left hand will ache first.

Is it possible to be a trapped nerve or muscle pain lasting months and even years, or is it likely to be anxiety causing the sensations, especially as the left is where the heart is!

Fishmanpa
23-10-15, 17:07
You're just very hyper-aware of your body and your anxiety is making up things to validate your perceived feelings.

Positive thoughts

damianjmcgrath
23-10-15, 17:13
Why am I hyper aware on one side only?

Fishmanpa
23-10-15, 18:21
Think about what you're asking. For you to have a perceived feeling on one side of your body, you would have to be aware of your entire body to even notice a difference. Again, IMO and based on your post history, this is a perceived symptom exasperated by your anxiety.

Positive thoughts

rbren5
23-10-15, 18:41
I get the same feeling. I feel like I am so hyperaware of my left side that my knee feels off and it is almost to the point where I feel like I am limping. I constantly ask people if I am limping. I even made my girlfriend take a video of me walking to ensure I wasn't limping. My knee feels like giving out but im constantly focused on my left side. I know the feeling you feel.

Enx
03-12-15, 22:46
I have the same feeling, I hope someone tell me what to do to feel normal ����

Movielife
04-12-15, 09:14
You're just very hyper-aware of your body and your anxiety is making up things to validate your perceived feelings.

Positive thoughts

I do the same. Not always, but when I THINK about how I'm walking (eg I'm not with anyone or I'm feeling down) then yes, I get hyper-aware and I make things worse!

If you were walking oddly, someone would notice who you know and tell you.

This is definitely a sign of health anxiety; I sometimes still do it.