PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Draining From Neck Down Throat?

worriednow22
23-10-15, 17:09
Ok,

this is something that has been going on for at least 2 years. It's pretty odd actually and I'm not sure why I am just now worrying about it. Basically, it's on the left side of my neck. Below where the jaw meets the ear. On the actual neck right below the corner of the jaw line.

When I shave this area, I feel like there is something inside my neck draining. It is right over the lymph node area too. I actually feel a fluid being released and draining down my neck. Almost like pus or something. It almost feels relieving when it happens. I always figured it was just a lymph node draining or something. Seemed like I heard that term somewhere.

Well, I did a search on google and found people talking about draining neck lymph nodes. Well at first I thought maybe this was it. But the thing is, it doesn't happen on the right side my neck. Both areas look the same size and I am pretty sure I can see my lymph nodes in my neck. Well, the area on the left side with the issue looks to be right over this lymph node. The other weird thing is, I can only make it happen when I shave. I try to make the "drain" happen with my hands....but cannot seem to make it happen.

This is a weird problem. It doesn't hurt or anything. But....I cannot help my feel like there is a "sac" that is being squeezed and releasing puss or something. I also considered it being a tooth abcess because I do have some teeth that have a cavity right above this area. But the thing is, there is no visible swelling or pain. I do have a tooth that is beginning to hurt a little around that area...but nothing major.

I am so confused. The worst thing is, I can't seem to find anyone that has this problem online. I almost feel like it's gotta be something. I mean, I suppose it could be my lymph node draining. I do get a lot of ear problems on this ear. But....I don't know. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this when shaving. A sensation of drainage from a certain area of neck?

worriednow22
24-10-15, 14:48
It happened again today :( It happens almost every day :( Could this just be a lymph node draining?

swgrl09
24-10-15, 20:51
I wish I could help, but I'm not completely sure I understand the sensation. Have you explained it to a doctor?

worriednow22
25-10-15, 16:07
No I have not seen a doctor because I don't have the money :(