PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

Mrsgoz
23-10-15, 21:16
I suffer from anxiety and health anxiety. I can't see my doc until Tuesday so looking for some reassurance!

I've been suffering with pain in my neck, left shoulder, down my arm and into my middle finger, which gets very stiff in the morning... I keep panicky about it being my heart??

Also today I've had pains on and off in the upper left abdomen below my ribs, I've had an increase of gas and had 3 Bm today... Could this be because I've started a new healthy eating plan with lots of fruit,veg and fibre?

Also the last few days I've felt like there is a lump in my throat and I keep burping, I can eat drink and swallow fine

Please someone calm me down

Carrielee
24-10-15, 08:58
The trouble is Mrsgoz, nothing calms us down for long does it? I hate this flipping illness with a passion. The illness is anxiety. That's what we have to tackle. the truth is your probably sleeping funny on your arm. I get those symptoms. Since I've been doing yoga I get far few aches and pains that I used to. Some times all we really need to do is stretch out and relax. But anxiety makes that soooo hard.

Me? I'm terrified of going blind. I do have eye conditions that should
They worsen are entirely treatable. Does that reassure me? No! I google away looking for failed operations and allergies to eye drops. My last trip to Moorfieilds emergency dept eneded (after a very through eye exam) in a conversation with an incredible eye doctor who looked at me very solemnly and shook his head. He said and I quote. 'We can save your sight, but you've lost your mind'. It was the best thing he could have said.
So now I focus on trying to work on my anxiety, because there will always be problems in life and as we age we may very well have to deal with some pretty difficult stuff so let's try and have some peace along the way, because we can live this life kicking and screaming or floating and smiling, but which ever way we do it WE DO IT! I'm thinking of you today.

---------- Post added at 08:58 ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 ----------

Ps. Yes the gas is the new healthy eating plan. Just add things to your existing diet slowly. Do t go for great big changes. Little by little increase the good stuff and decrease the crap.
Your doing great. Hang on darling.