PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye for a while

Traceypo
23-10-15, 21:38
Hi all, I'd like to say goodbye, I'm taking a break from no more panic, the reasons are;
I'm doing OK at minute, not great, but far better than when I came back to the forum.
I'm finding out about all kinds of new worries on here, that is not a negative, that is what this forum is all about, however I'm not ready to expose myself to concerns that I'd previously never known about or worried about
I want to focus all of my energy on my recovery.
I want to take the time to thank all of you who have responded to my posts and helped to keep me sane when I've truly needed understanding and compassion, I have a great family and friends, however unless you've been where we are, they can't empathise the way this forum can. FMP and Terry, your advice and straight talking has been invaluable to me, it's helped me reach the point I'm at and I wish yous both well. I hope I'm in a position in the near future to return with a very different outlook.
Take care all, I wish you all the best.
Tracey
Xxx

MyNameIsTerry
24-10-15, 04:59
Hi Tracey,

This sounds like a good plan. These places can be a double-edged sword for many people, especially HA people. It can be good to disengage from time to time anyway.

I'm a firm believer that in order to overcome the many issues these disorders create, you have to be able to face a fear and not be overcome by it and with HA fears unless you can avoid any news or even other people, at some point you will be presented with a potential trigger. But at the same time it is true that these places are loaded with things you never even consider and so you can end up latching on to the fears of others and this is why therapists like to remove people from constantly facing things they are not ready for and then get them to steadily confront them when they are feeling stronger in order to ensure theycan handle it should it arise in the future.

I think it's good that you recognise this in yourself and that it will not always be helpful and I know FMP will agree with that as he recommends it to people who are clearly spiralling (not that you are).

I hope we hear back from you and that you will be well on your way to recovery. I am very pleased if anything I ever say helps anyone so thank you for that, I really appreciate it.

All the best.

Terry

Phill2
24-10-15, 05:50
I'm finding out about all kinds of new worries on here, that is not a negative, that is what this forum is all about, however I'm not ready to expose myself to concerns that I'd previously never known about or worried about
Xxx

I took a break a while back for the same reason.
Take Care

pulisa
24-10-15, 08:49
A very wise move, Tracey. I know exactly what you mean. Come back and tell us all about your progress though?!