PDA

View Full Version : Help me feel confident in taking Antibiotics

Earthmum
24-10-15, 12:06
Guys I know I'm not the only one afraid of taking meds, but I'm sat here in fear causing myself an anxiety attack as I'm too scared to take the two different antis doc has prescribed me :(
I have bacterial vaginosis and myco something ( sorry can't remember name) and gyno has given me two antibiotics one monodoks and one called Bitaral, and internal tablets and cream... For someone who never even takes a paracetamol this is all too overwhelming , I'm dreading to take one antibiotic let alone two different types, how can I get over this my worry is the usual that I will have a Severe reaction and die and leave my 3 children without their mum ( ridiculous I know!) but this is a terrible fear I have of taking meds,,, can I treat this naturally ? Should I take the meds all 300 of them??? I had some kind of virus the other day where I had a fever and aching joints I automatically thought the infection had caused this and I'm now dying of septicemia :(
Sooooo tiring the meds are looking at me for three days now cNt find the courage to take them if anyone can help me be so grateful thank you

Carrie8484
24-10-15, 15:27
Deep breaths!
If you take this medicine, you will start to feel better in about 48 hours (but you must finish the course) Anti biotics are wonderful at treating infections and side effects are usually none at all, or minor.
You wont suffer an allergic reaction (you would know as a baby if you were allergic to penicillin for example).
The Doctor would not have given you a combination of medicine if he thought it was going to do you any harm. Every time I take anti biotics I am relieved because I know they will start to work quickly and they will make you feel better in no time. It really is worth it, and there are no risks, honestly. Just think..start taking them today, and by Monday afternoon you will start to feel much better!

Earthmum
24-10-15, 19:20
Thank you so much, your so right I need to feel better so I will need to take these obviously, decided to do it first thing tomo morning as taking meds at night will make me more anxious thanks again for reassuring me really appreciate your advise XX

Carrie8484
24-10-15, 19:33
No problem. Just take them, carry on as normal, eat normally , and remember to take each dose. You 100% will be ok, and infection free very soon x

Linusfy
25-10-15, 02:59
Hi, every med has been extensively and thoroughly tested before it comes to the market. If there is any serious side effects, the drug company will definitely run into much lawsuit troubles. Besides, these meds were prescribed by your doctors who probably has done this before a thousand times. You won't be the first "volunteer" to try these meds. So, please just relax and read the instructions and take those meds. I am pretty sure you will get better very soon.

Earthmum
25-10-15, 04:17
Thank you very much :) :)
X