PDA

View Full Version : Everything seems to be a sign of impending heart problems!

damianjmcgrath
24-10-15, 18:49
As my health anxiety is entirely fixated on my heart, it's amazing what signs I pick up on to convince myself of a problem!

Here's a brief list of recent thoughts. I thought it might be quite therapeutic for people to list their own thoughts and we can have a laugh over the ridiculousness together. Maybe a cure for anxiety is to laugh at it!

- I've been jogging every other day for 5 months, building up from 5 mins, 8, 10, 15, 20, 25 to the point where I've reached 25 mins non stop now. I've been at this point for a month and its not getting easier. Every time I go out, doing 25 mins is incredibly tough, my pace seems to be getting slower and I've convinced myself this shows a cardio problem caused by me stressing my heart out!

2. I've had a bad cold recently and still have a chesty cough and blocked nose 9 days later. This is clearly sign of a heart problem as it isn't fighting the illness. Also, as its been here for so long, it must be a sign that the virus has travelled to the heart!

3. I went out for a 10 min jog today, my first since my cold. It exhausted me, and I was dizzy on the walk home. Clearly a sign of heart problems! (let's ignore the fact my cold made breathing tricky - the breathing problem must be heart too!)

4. I'm feeling tired today after my daughter woke up at 2am, 6am and then got up at 7am. The tiredness shows that my heart isn't pumping enough oxygen around.

5. When I run up my stairs at home, my heart beats really wacky, I can feel it in my chest. I think this happens to everyone but I can take it as a sign I'm stressing it out.

6. Every time I feel sick, which happens occasionally as I'm gluten intolerant and I sometimes eat things accidentally, I immediately think of my heart as I read once that the first sign of an attack is being sick.

7. My foot goes asleep sometimes on the toilet. Clearly my heart isn't pumping enough oxygen.

8. I took a multivitamin the other day and felt my heart getting faster. I'd convinced myself there would be a weird chemical reaction!

I can literally make anything relate to my heart. Writing it down makes it seem a bit ridiculous which I think is a good thing. I haven't reached the point where I can stop those thoughts but sharing them for a laugh might help!

:-)

2Anxious
24-10-15, 19:45
Lol, I've been there. Kind of still am. If I didn't sleep much and I'm tired the next day, I'm convinced that my heart is feeling as tired as my body if that even makes sense. When in reality the heart is literally just a pump and doesn't get tired.

I'm also the same when running up the stairs.

Anxiety is a funny old thing.

ricardo
24-10-15, 20:21
2. I've had a bad cold recently and still have a chesty cough and blocked nose 9 days later. This is clearly sign of a heart problem as it isn't fighting the illness. Also, as its been here for so long, it must be a sign that the virus has travelled to the heart!

I doubt very much that this is clearly a sign of a heart problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!

damianjmcgrath
24-10-15, 20:38

I doubt very much that this is clearly a sign of a heart problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha I know - I was being a bit sarcastic to show how silly my logic is!