PDA

View Full Version : Ladies - help please :)

lulululu
24-10-15, 19:59
I don't know how i managed to bring myself into this state but here we go. This subject might be bit TMI for some, but I would appreciate any of your input, if it could help calm me down.

These past few weeks, my health anxiety and anxiety in general has come back. I think it began when I went to my gyno to get a control PAP after having a LEEP done in march. The results came back fine, but the whole waiting and worrying hasn't left me.

So. This is my situation now; on my inner labia i have a brown 'mark'. It doesnt look like a mole, its more washed out, and I have had it (at least) since I was 18 (im 23, soon 24 now). Back then I panicked (as i am doing now) and had a doctor look at it - she said it was nothing. For some reason my fear for this is back now - i have convinced myself, that I have vulvar cancer/vulvar melanoma.:(

The mark hasnt changed, and when I googled 'melanosis labia' (a benign condition) it looks kind of similar. It hasnt changed in these last 5-6 years. Vulvar cancer is super rare and I'm in the wrong age group. Plus, I have - for other reasons - been seen by a gyno probably 7-8 times in the last 2 years. They didnt notice anything, but then again - I didnt point it out to them.

I really hope some of you good people can help me.

Carrie8484
24-10-15, 20:17
Nothing to worry about. All the doctors and gyno's that have seen your lady parts would have picked up on it if they thought it was a cause for concern. If it's really bothering you again, just ask your GP for reassurance x

lulululu
24-10-15, 20:28
Thank you for your reply. Honestly, I think I might. I know myself too well, and I cant relax until I've had someone take a look again. Which is really annoying :/

MissyMischief
24-10-15, 21:39
Moles/freckles are really common down there. It is still skin, after all.

I've had a LEEP three years ago now, so I understand the general anxiety over your lady parts and worrying that something awful might be wrong.

Take care :-)

venusbluejeans
24-10-15, 22:53
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.