PDA

View Full Version : Sinus infection - anyone had one - experience, when did it heal?

tan235
24-10-15, 23:53
Hi Guys!
I have a sinus infection - I need help as it's making me miserable and I keep thinking its something worse.

Blocked nose
Really bad at night - completely blocked - in the morning really green snot, crusty nose etc - coughing all the time.

I'm on Doxycycline or however you spell it - this is day 2.
I"m so miserable.
During the day I'm fatigued, can't get snot out - trying to blow it, I can hear snot in there but can't get it out which gives me claustrophobia.
I want to get rid of this asap!
Anyone have anyway to help me......
My head is sore to touch - my sinus area ....
I'm over it - I have a three year old daughter and I can't cope= also my ears are so blocked!

HELP!

swgrl09
25-10-15, 02:59
You can try steam inhalation or a neti-pot to help clear congestion. Sometimes these things can hang on!

dizzy daisy
27-10-15, 20:59
The first time I had sinus issues was when I was around 16. It did linger on for quite a few weeks and as a result I developed anxiety as I thought is was something more serious. I agree with the other poster, the best thing is steam inhalation really. I know it's miserable but it will pass xx

hheavenlyangel
01-11-15, 16:59
Tan, it can take a few weeks for the infection to fully clear up. I have underdeveloped eustachin tubes which makes my life miserable... really miserable. Any cold, allergies etc can lead to a sinus infection. It truly drives me nuts. I take codrol daily to help open up the tubes so I can at least breathe. Steam inhalation is good, nose irrigation as well. Neti pot something like that.

Munchlet
01-11-15, 19:34
Hi

I had a virus in the Summer which I believe led to a sinus infection and the Dr said they thought it was but wouldn't give antibiotics as they are not convinced they work for sinus infections and I wasn't in a lot of pain.

It did linger for a few weeks but I found Saline Washes helped along with using some xylitol in them. You can get a nasal spray called xlear which is really good.

Unfortunately they do tend to hang around but if you have antibiotics they should help it heal quicker, I think mine took so long because I was just waiting for my immune system to do the job.

Take care