PDA

View Full Version : Sharp stabbing

Pet59
25-10-15, 05:14
Hi all
It has been a while since I have been here and things have been quite good overall, I'm pleased to say. However, something has been happening the past few days and I'm worrying incase it sets me back. I have had a sharp sudden stabbing now and again in my chest, left side. It could be described as someone sticking a pin in me, lasts about a second and then goes. It may reoccur, it may not. I've not noticed any pattern like after eating etc. it is not accompanied by any other feeling other than I get a rush of heat but I think that's more the panic rather than the pain. I'm trying to rationalize it is muscular or food or posture or even nothing but then the irrational what if creeps in and I think about my heart. Any advice very welcome.

---------- Post added at 06:14 ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 ----------

And two years ago I had ecg and full ultrasound and everything was fine

Fishmanpa
25-10-15, 05:28
I call them the "stabbies"... I have neuropathy from chemo treatment and I get them pretty bad in my feet. I also get them elsewhere on my body. What it amounts to are simple nerve ends firing off and while it's not pleasant, it's not sinister.

Positive thoughts

Pet59
25-10-15, 07:45
Thanks FMP, like I said, things have been so much better and I really want to keep it that way and not be running off to the doctor at every single twinge. I had thought about nerve things too as I often waken up sore and aching in the morning, probably due to how I am sleeping. And every day I have a sore upper arm, due to my seating position in my car, having to drive 3 hours a day and the AC blowing in the car. So I am thinking also maybe nerves related to that. Basically I am thinking of everything except heart issues lol!