PDA

View Full Version : googleholic

xhopex
25-10-15, 10:14
I find it hard not to Google symptoms. Sometimes I end up googling symptoms that aren't even there.

As I speak to you now I could have "breast cancer", "brain tumour" and "lupus" :wacko:

Internet isn't such a blessing after all.

Scared to go to the doctor in case he locks me up lol.

Karen

TheMadOladCoger
25-10-15, 11:34
Hello,

I am the same as you, everything I have or think I have I google. I can't help myself I just think it will help but it never does. My Doctors always say don't google anything unless you have been told by a medical professional what is wrong and even then only use the website they suggest.

Peace

Fishmanpa
25-10-15, 13:55
Do you have the willpower to block the med sites? Most browsers have parental tools that prevent someone from browsing certain subjects/sites. The ones that don't have them built in have available add on apps.

Positive thoughts

xhopex
25-10-15, 21:08
I don't think my willpower is anywhere near that good. If I can block, I can unblock :weep:

Thanks for the replies, glad I'm not alone. Feel so stupid sometimes.

Fishmanpa
25-10-15, 21:53
I don't think my willpower is anywhere near that good. If I can block, I can unblock :weep:

If you're truly serious about this, have a friend, parent or relative do it for you and have them set the password so you can't get in and change anything.

Positive thoughts

Mamafox2
26-10-15, 01:17
This is a great idea and something I need to do bc the only thing the Internet has convinced me of is that my collar bone node is going to be something horrible

TheMadOladCoger
26-10-15, 11:32
I like the idea of blocking the websites and have done it in the past for things with OCD checking, the problem with me is I find that I can't block them on every device I own. We are at a point with Technology that our phones, TV's and Games Consoles all connect to the internet. WE are constantly connect to the internet.

If you need to Google the best thing to do is to get out the house, go somewhere like the shops away from your Phone and Computer and hopefully the need to Google will pass while you are gone.

Peace

KayeS
26-10-15, 12:42
If you're truly serious about this, have a friend, parent or relative do it for you and have them set the password so you can't get in and change anything.

Positive thoughts

I've actually done this before. I did it myself, and when it came to enter a password, I just closed my eyes and typed random letters, and then copied and pasted the '*****' into the Re-enter password section and that way there was no chance of ever unblocking the websites lol.

It's extreme but not only did it work, but it gave me the willpower to actually never Google symptoms, which I genuinely never do now.

swgrl09
26-10-15, 12:57
KayeS, that's a great idea with the password.

Iblametheparents
26-10-15, 13:39
I still google, I have to for my study. Such is my lot. I try to look at only reputable websites though, and scholarly stuff. :wacko: