PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm new here

Loves dogs
25-10-15, 12:18
Hi! I just stumbled upon this site and wondered why I haven't found it sooner! It sounds like something that could really help me. Let me give a quick background. I live in the US and am a 50 yr. old female. I have suffered from anxiety almost my entire life. I believe it went into full force around age 12. It has affected my entire life. It's like a roller coaster in that sometimes I swear I can't stand another minute of living with this and other times it's sort of on the back burner. But it's always there ready to surface at any given moment. I have Ativan for the worst times but for the most part I just live with it. It is primarily health anxiety and I have diagnosed myself with every possible horrible disease many times over. Knowing that it's just my anxiety does not help. The pains and the feelings are real. I mostly keep it to myself and put on a front for others. I think a lot of people might be surprised to know I suffer from this. I have a sister and a couple friends that I have confided in. My husband sees only parts as he has never experienced anxiety in any form and so doesn't get it. But he is my 'safe' person. I am hoping that reading others' similar feelings and experiences will help me understand this condition better and not feel so alone. So thank you for this site and God bless all of us. :)

venusbluejeans
25-10-15, 12:29
Hiya Loves dogs and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: