PDA

View Full Version : can piles/fissures cause dark blood too?

imfineokay
25-10-15, 15:37
Ive had piles/fissures for god knows how long and the blood is usually bright red, but sometimes the blood on my stool seems to be dark red. Now I went to my gp about this and he said not to worry as long as I dont see black tarr coming out, I will be fine. But the problem is the nhs website said to look out for dark red blood. So can I relax or what?

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

Getting more and more worried, anything would be appreciated

Fishmanpa
25-10-15, 15:40
Sitting on line waiting for reassurance isn't helping. Why not log off and go about your day?

Positive thoughts

imfineokay
25-10-15, 15:41
I am, I just check back every now and then.

imfineokay
25-10-15, 23:35
:doh:Honestly though, Im losing my mind again.

Fishmanpa
26-10-15, 02:21
:doh:Honestly though, Im losing my mind again.

Your words....

I think we'll be ok aslong as we are seeing bright blood and not black tarr Im sure we'll be fine. Im near certain its just dried blood. Dont worry please, I know how horrible it is to worry about this sort of thing.:)

Positive thoughts

imfineokay
26-10-15, 14:04
Fair enough.

Pepperpot
26-10-15, 17:52
The NHS site I am looking at says dark red blood that is sticky is a problem, not just the colour x

Fishmanpa
26-10-15, 17:55
The NHS site I am looking at says dark red blood that is sticky is a problem, not just the colour x

How does one check to see if one's poo is sticky? :huh: ~lol~

Positive thoughts

imfineokay
26-10-15, 17:57
Thanks pepper:) and I have no idea haha.

Pepperpot
26-10-15, 18:15
How does one check to see if one's poo is sticky? :huh: ~lol~

Positive thoughts

Lol - you'd be able to see I imagine, cos when I have blood in my poo it doesn't look sticky x well I bloody hope it isn't hahahah

FeelLikeNeo
26-10-15, 21:20
I think it's one of those things that you'll know when you see it, and until then, chill! An important thing to remember is that it's a good sign if it's on the outside or in the bowl (though that doesn't mean it's bad if it's all mixed together!)

I had piles a while back. One good thing about health anxiety is you learn so much!

Fishmanpa
26-10-15, 22:27
One good thing about health anxiety is you learn so much!

I beg to differ ;) Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
26-10-15, 23:02
Lol - you'd be able to see I imagine, cos when I have blood in my poo it doesn't look sticky x well I bloody hope it isn't hahahah

I'll take a guess at it being like mucus. Mucus is sticky but you can see it easily in the bowl and in the, erm, chocolate brownie :D

If the NHS Choices site says go see your GP, you should. But if your GP decides it's not an issue, shouldn't it be ok? Find a lump "go see your GP", blood in the poo "go see your GP" but then he/she diagnoses or tests if they think it is needed. Apply the same logic to this I reckon.

Pepperpot
27-10-15, 09:43
Yeah - it's like the adverts in the docs that say "had cough for more than 3 weeks? Go see your GP". If I went to see my GP and told him that he would prob look at me lie I was stupid.
Yeah mucus is the word I was looking for Terry lol.
Fishmanpa - I agree - ignorance is bliss. Pity I can't ignore things and look them up instead :(

Iblametheparents
27-10-15, 09:51
For every worried well person, I bet there are three people who never go to the doctors, so it balances out ��

MyNameIsTerry
27-10-15, 11:38
Well as a non HA person I'm pretty sick of the adverts as are other people I know. I prefer to visit my GP only if needed and lumps and all that are more likely ignored by me and put down to the many things other than what the adverts scare people with.

Like you said Pepperpot, that cough doesn't have to mean anything, it can just be some fluid of the lungs. Then we had most recent one citing ongoing flatulence... thats the regulars in the working mens clubs around my way :roflmao:

It's just the scattergun approach. Whilst this is really bad for HA people, I think a lot of other people groan about these adverts.

imfineokay
27-10-15, 15:15
If you followed the ads and nhs 100% you would be going so many times to the drs it would get ridiculous. And Im feeling far less anxious about this "issue" now thanks to the replys:yesyes: I will just stop thinking about it and leave it, besides ive been seeing blood for ages so that alone should mean Im well. I might write a list or something which shows all of the illnesses I thought I had, might be a good plan.

Pepperpot
27-10-15, 16:13
I am pleased you feel better about it. x

glorialimjyyy
02-10-17, 14:23
Hey there, I have the same problem. And it’s not the first time seeing darker red blood on my stool. Just being abit logical, I was so scared I had internal bleeding. As I know I have piles. * but the dark red scares shit outta me*
So I realise that, maybe it’s the Color of ur stool that is darker brown, so the shade of brown makes the blood on your stool looks darker. And u can try using the toilet paper to wipe the blood u seen on the surface and see it by yourself. It’s normal reddish light red blood. I don’t know if this is what it is. But yeah I had it and figured it myself