PDA

View Full Version : Dry mouth and throat? Terrified I have diabetes :(

Lockey1995
25-10-15, 20:15
Hey,

I haven't been on here in a while but due to a stressful year my anxiety is back in full force, earlier in the week or for a couple of weeks now I had extreme tension in my neck and I kept shaking my head left and right. That seems to have gone for the time being but the last couple of days I've had a really dry mouth and nothing has shifted it yet. I haven't drunk much over the last couple of days though as in water/ pop.

I do drink a lot of coffee and tea so I don't know if that has anything to do with it but at the minute it's turned into a full on panic attack because I'm now terrified I have diabetes :(.

Cheers,Jack

mnaha
27-10-15, 00:10
Sorry you have been feeling so bad but there are usually distinctive symptoms of diabetes more than thirst for sure.. Also there are a lot worse things than getting diabetes...so.. just to put your mind at rest go to mayo clinic or web md and check symptoms of diabetes and think you will feel better. Also if you are worried go to your doctor and have them do blood work and an A1c test and it comes from all the same blood work and they can tell if your test seems like your sugar levels are higher than they should be ,also blood test and can tell you many many things about your health and it only takes a couple of minutes.

Personally I am prediabetic and have to take my sugar readings everyday . You can also do that.. buy a meter online for less than 20 dollars and some strips.. and they are more than 20 dollars usually but you can test your sugar everyday and and check the sugar readings and after a month or two you can do an average to see what your average sugar reading is and then have an idea if you need to be tested seriously for diabetes.

Also if you have diabetes in your family you might have the tendency to have it but my family had it all of them pretty bad and so far at 61 I am still only pre diabetic ,hopefully will stay this way but if you are worried find out now because im here to tell you that diabetes is a disease that affects every part of your body and is nothing to take lightly and you can do things to keep it from doing bad things to you so check it out and stop worrying.. its best to know for sure..

Eltwins
29-10-15, 09:48
My anxiety is very bad at the moment. One of my many symptoms is a VERY dry mouth. I can drink but within 30 seconds it is dry again and is now getting a little sore.
I think it is just a 'Thing' of anxiety 😞