PDA

View Full Version : Numbness in left hand

icingsugar
25-10-15, 22:02
Hi all, I'm a 22 year old female and have been suffering with panic disorder for one year now. I have had every symptom under the moon and usually try to ignore them however in the last 3 or 4 weeks I have been experiencing numbness/pins and needles in my left hand.

It started after I woke up one day, as I was washing my hands I noticed my fingertips on the left hand felt a little numb, like when you have been leaning on it for too long. I expected I had slept funny and that it would go away but it didn't. It would appear throughout the day, I'd usually only notice it when washing my hands as I rub my two hands together. The numbness wasn't severe...maybe a 3/10, slightly tingling, like if you've been stood in the cold for too long.

Didn't think much of it, then just over a week ago it seemed to get more severe and noticable. Now it is maybe a 4 or 5/10 in numbness and is noticable in my little finger and along that side of my hand, but all of my fingertips feel a little numb/tingly also. Again it comes and goes throughout the day and seems to have little to do with any outside factors such as if I'm indoors or outdoors or what I'm doing with my arm. I would say it is present for at least half of the day but in little bursts of a few minutes.

I'm really worried that I have a circulation problem or worse! I doubt it's carpal tunnel and this usually affects the middle fingers, and mine is mainly my fingertips, little finger and along the side of my palm. I know I am only 22 but I live an unhealthy student lifestyle which I'm worried had taken its toll. I know I should go to a doctor but I hate being made to feel as though I am wasting their time as I did when I went last Christmas when my panic attacks were extremely severe.

Has anyone else had this? Any advice? I'm really scared. :weep:

ker92ri
25-10-15, 22:37
Hi I have carpel tunnel in both hands and my little finger on my left hand is affected. Sometimes you can have a nerve trapped near your elbow and that causes tingling and numbness in your little finger. My finger tips are affected the most, particularly on my thumb. Try not to worry I don't think it's anything serious.