PDA

View Full Version : Lump in cheek tissue

AnxiousMan1
25-10-15, 23:12
I felt a lump in my cheek tissue. It is about pea sized or a bit smaller. No pain. Also I have recently went to the dentist for x-rays unrelated to this and nothing came up on the x-rays.

It is inside my cheek near where my upper and lower jaw connect. It is also slightly movable and kinda squishy.

Is this something I should be worried about? Is it common to get just a cyst there?

Cariad1
26-10-15, 11:45
Hi Anxiousman!

I have exactly the same, i can feel mine on both sides but my left is more prominent.

This has also been a worry for me, mainly because i also get tingling and a sense of tightness on the side of my face where mine is more prominent!

I had a scan on mine over a year ago and nothing of concern was found, also had dental xrays last week as im wearing braces.

From what i have read we are not the only ones to have these squishy lumps and i think they are possibly either cysts but because i have mine on both sides could be normal anatomy?!

darinfan
28-10-15, 03:00
This was the thing that started my hypochondria off. Or, at least, the first time it appeared. I felt this lump on my left cheek on the inside - kind of roughly where the ends of the teeth are in the middle of the upper set. The middle of the molars I guess. I worried about it for weeks. I was obsessed it was a growth of some kind. And then you can't leave it along and it gets bigger. Then, one day, I realised I had one in exactly the same place on the other side and then stopped worrying. I think it's something to do with saliva, but not sure. But I thought growths don't often come symmetrical and the first panic was out of the way.