PDA

View Full Version : breast cancer worries now

Beckie4567
26-10-15, 08:20
There's been alot of adverts lately saying check your breasts all the time and that's what I've been doing and notice on my left one just under by my armpit it was a little sore wen I pressed it it dosnt feel like a lump but I don't no weather red I was pressing to hard wen checking and that's why it was sore �� I'm now checking all day everyday and probably making it worse don't no what yet to do �� am I pressing to hard.

hheavenlyangel
26-10-15, 09:10
Hi Beckie, If you do it everyday.... its going to get sore. You don't need to check everyday, once a month when you get your period or, make it the first of each month. If you are worried about something, pop in and see your Dr.

:)

Iblametheparents
26-10-15, 11:02
The latest guidance is not regular checking (which increases anxiety) but breast awareness. Obviously you have to check to know what's normal for you.
My advice would be wait until after your next period before rushing to the doctor, it might be hormonal/cyclical changes. Some women (me) have very bumpy, dense boobs, especially even they haven't had children.
See if it goes down after your period then see your GP. Absolutely no shame in doing so. Then if it's all ok (chances are it is) you can reset in your mind what is normal for you. Best wishes, we've all had the boob-fear.

Cariad1
26-10-15, 11:57
I get extremely sore under my armpits about a week before my period is due Beckie, and it seems to happen more on one side too. Mine is definitely cyclical changes and hormones.

Look at where you are in your cycle and check again once your period is finished, im sure all will be fine :)

Beckie4567
28-10-15, 12:04
Thanks guys x

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

104 views no one :(

pulisa
28-10-15, 13:53
What exactly do you want people to say, Beckie?

Iblametheparents
28-10-15, 14:44
FWIW most (but not all) cancerous lumps aren't painful. And not all discrete lumps are cancer. Try to have some perspective. It was there before you started prodding causing no harm at all.

Beckie4567
28-10-15, 18:46
What u mean pulisa

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Its sore to touch I don't feel a lump anywhere

Fishmanpa
28-10-15, 19:31
What u mean pulisa

I'm sure she means (and she'll confirm) what she and I and others have said many, many times before. Reassurance doesn't work and you know that. This is the same story (exception breast as opposed to cervical cancer worries), just a different day... even down to "104 views... no one? :( "

What CBT exercises would you do to counter this train of thought? What techniques have you learned in therapy would you use to help yourself?

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
28-10-15, 20:23
Can I ask at what point shudnt I take my symptoms seriously I mean everything cant be anxiety I hav to take some thing seriously surely

Fishmanpa
28-10-15, 20:33
Can I ask at what point shudnt I take my symptoms seriously I mean everything cant be anxiety I hav to take some thing seriously surely

When it's not self induced. See below.

There's been alot of adverts lately saying check your breasts all the time and that's what I've been doing and notice on my left one just under by my armpit it was a little sore wen I pressed it it dosnt feel like a lump but I don't no weather red I was pressing to hard wen checking and that's why it was sore �� I'm now checking all day everyday and probably making it worse don't no what yet to do �� am I pressing to hard.

People get sick. People with HA get sick. Looking at every niggle, ache, pain, sore spot, lump, rash or whatever and attributing it to something sinister is a symptom of HA. This wouldn't be a post if you hadn't watched a commercial about breast cancer and allowed the irrational thoughts to spiral. You've been poked, prodded, checked and tested more than most women twice your age. Stop looking for something that's not there. If you're truly ill, you would exhibit symptoms that a medical doctor would pick up on.

Hope the therapy is going well.

Positive thoughts

pulisa
28-10-15, 21:07
I think that it would be a positive thing if you could accept that people are not obliged to reply to your posts, Beckie. It means that they are not wanting to continually give you reassurance because we all know that this just feeds your HA.

Beckie4567
29-10-15, 07:21
Ok

Beckie4567
02-11-15, 07:49
The pain seems to have gone wen I press now but now I've got this horrible boob ache on the side I don't nobwether its from my bk as that's bad too at mo but thinking the worst

HopelessWorrier2011
02-11-15, 11:22
I would suggest you see your GP as you won't find a diagnosis here. If you really believe the worst then you GP will be able to assist. I have been reading back over all your posts, as a fellow health anxiety sufferer, I know when I am truly concerned my first point of contact is my GP, where I usually come out feeling embarrassed but 99% reassured. That's what they are there for. Trust your Dr and carry on with your Therapy. Posting here as frequently as you do about many different symptoms is not helping you one iota.