PDA

View Full Version : So scared about Carbon Monoxide......

everlasting
26-10-15, 09:10
Hi all,

I am terrified about carbon monoxide poisoning right now.

Saturday morning I woke up with the chills, shivering so badly it was scary, I was also nauseous and vomited. I felt nauseous all day.

Yesterday morning I woke up with the chills again, but managed to get back to sleep, I woke up feeling much better just a bit nauseous all day, but not too much.

Well this morning I have woken up again, extreme chills, feeling very nauseous and unwell. Plus my mouth is extremely dry.

I am worried it could be Carbon monoxide poisoning because my boiler has been playing up, the water pressure on it drops continuously (seems to happen after the heating it's turned off), it drops causing the water to run cold so we have to reset the pressure.

Anyway, I have noticed a tiny wet patch on the airing cupboard floor over the past week or so, and the outside pipe has been leaking too. I obviously knew that the boiler needed seeing too, but didn't think it was urgent.

Now I am terrified I could be in real danger ATM. I am unsure of what to do.

Randara
26-10-15, 10:44
Have you got a carbon monoxide alarm? If not, it is definitely worth getting one. They're around £20-£30, I got mine from The Range but I googled beforehand and I know Argos sell them and I'm sure B&Q and shops like that would too.

Also, if your boiler isn't working properly you should get it checked out as soon as possible as this will not only ensure its working but also put your mind at ease.

Do you think it is possible that you have a stomach bug/cold/flu? I know that ther have been a lot of viruses going round recently. You say 'we' so I assume you live with others, have any of them had the same symptoms?

everlasting
26-10-15, 14:41
Hiya,

Thank you for your reply :)

I have had a few hours sleep and am feeling a bit better, still a bit nauseous and really hungry because I haven't eaten in a few days (hungry, but no appetite)

Yes my whole family has has similar symptoms with a few days of feeling nauseous (everyone else had it before me, they're all better now)

I am feeling a lot calmer now and realise it probably isn't Carbon monoxide :yesyes:

But you know what it's like when you convince yourself of something.

You are right though, I will call them out and get them to look at it, and I'm about to go on amazon to look for an alarm to stop future worry.

:)

Randara
26-10-15, 17:29
Glad you're feeling better. Sleep really does help doesn't it! :)

I went through the same thing the other week, couldn't get to sleep because I was worrying about carbon monoxide. Went and got an alarm the next day and there was none in the air!

mnaha
27-10-15, 00:17
Get a detector.. easy to set up accurate and peace of mind. Also get a fire alarm and a radon gas detector or get an all in one.. there are millions of them out there and cost very little but like I said gives you peace of mind..

ricardo
27-10-15, 07:35
It became law in October of this year that all properties that are rented out must have a carbon monoxide alarm, and as 48% of people rent in London, landlords are obliged to put this in place, so it is obviously essential that everyone regardless if they rent or own has one in place.

mnaha
28-10-15, 00:17
I rent and regardless of what my landlord says they have I have all three..sometimes other people stuff doesn't work so good but if its mine then I can check to make sure its working correctly thus not worrying about it. I still say co2 and fire alarm and radon gas detectors are a must.. installed working correctly no worries