PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety - eating issues

elik
26-10-15, 11:26
I feel really out of control of my eating habits. I am a severe calorie counter. I mean, to the point that when there are crumbs on the table I'm thinking oh my god have I eaten more than I thought?! I just hate foody substances being near me I freak out. I need everything to be completely in my control and when its not my head goes into a blur! :(

Help me, another anxiety issue to worry about :(

jayb1
26-10-15, 12:40
For me the eating disorder has raised its ugly head due to the panic disorder. I've no control over the anxiety and panic but I can with my eating and exercise regime. I think I know the calories in just about everything! My psychologist asked me this morning is that something I hope in the future that I can overcome and I said probably not I've been doing it for 30 years since I suffered from anorexia. How I'm managing is just by eating little and often so I never feel full and that seems to work for me. I think when I get a grip on the panic and feel I have more control of my life the eating issue will back down again. Try and go with the flow and accept that's how its got to be for now but not forever . hope that makes sense

elik
26-10-15, 17:25
I know the feeling and Im sorry you have had to deal with that for so long! I am terribly insecure as well - Like if I can feel fat on me I am obese, or if someone says I look like someone that I don't want to look like I think im so ugly and get really self conscious and just want to change me! :(

jayb1
27-10-15, 11:16
The sign of beauty is having a beautiful soul, which I know you have. I used to punch myself in the stomach if I saw the slightest bit of flab and pick faults with everything I saw in the mirror until someone said to me you know you have the most beautiful eyes and smile. Everybody has their best feature find it and focus on it . we all can't be Elle McPherson !!!!!!