PDA

View Full Version : Head/face/neck pain

tag
26-10-15, 15:28
Hello,

I'm experiencing some quite worrying symptoms and I hope that I might be able to get some reassurance here.

I am a chronic health worrier - convinced most of the time that there is something dangerously wrong with me and am a regular visitor to my long-suffering but understanding Doctor who does her best to reassure me through a combination of referrals for psychological therapy as well as medical tests to try to prove to me that there is nothing sinister going on.

A year ago I lost my Mother and back in the Spring my Father in law died suddenly so I'm even more hypersensitive nowadays.

I am currently awaiting an MRI scan in a couple of weeks for a long-term hearing problem which has worsened in the last couple of years and this has got me very anxious as I'm convinced that it will reveal something terrible.

Anyway - perhaps due to this prospect, for a few days I've been getting pain in my face, behind my eyes and atop my head and my neck muscles leading up from my shoulder are very tense, sore and tender to the touch.

I often find myself clenching my jaw and my dentist has commented on the fact that my teeth have been worn away - most likely due to night-time teeth-grinding & I believe that this can contribute to pain in the head & neck.

I have also been feeling queasy and not wanting to eat or drink much but I guess this is somewhat understandable given my current level of anxiety.

I've spoken to my GP today who has tried to reassure me that this is all down to my heightened level of stress and anxiety but I'm having a really bad time at the moment and therefore would be really grateful to hear from anyone who may have experienced similar symptoms?

Could a combination of teeth clenching coupled with chronic tension/stress cause the pain in the face and behind the eyes which I'm experiencing?

Thanks very much in advance for any help.