PDA

View Full Version : lump in throat worries

Mrsgoz
26-10-15, 20:01
i am seeing my doctor in the morning, but hoping for a bit of reassurance as I don't think I will sleep for worrying.

I feel like I have a lump in my throat, my ears are aching and I am occasionally coughing a dry cough.

I don't feel like I have a cold, I am seriously worried and I did the silly thing of googling the symptoms and I am worried about thyroid cancer now.

Anyone else have any other ideas or ways to put my mind at rest.

If I burp the lump feeling goes away for a few seconds, I have a backache, my neck and shoulders have been sore and my left collar bone feels a bit sensitive.

I am so so so so scared

Pepperpot
26-10-15, 20:05
Hi,
Ok, I had the lump in throat thing (still do) and discovered that I was burping quite a lot too. Purely anxiety. Rennies help. I also googled neck exercises too and did some neck massages which helped. Your backache, neck and shoulders are cos you are tensing up with anxiety without realising it. Do me a favour and google progressive muscle relaxation audio - it will help you. Believe me xx

Randara
26-10-15, 20:34
Hi there,

I'm sorry you're feeling so rubbish, being ill and having anxiety is horrible isn't it!

I wonder whether you have backache and sore neck and shoulders because you're so tense worrying about your neck? I've had this in the past especially when trying to fight a panic attack off. Maybe try having a bath or shower, I saw somewhere that the warm water helps ease neck and ear pain.

I've been having problems with my ears too, so know how you're feeling. Have never had anything like this before so it's definitely been a big test for me and my anxiety.

Try not to worry because all it will do is make you feel worse, try to get a decent night sleep too. Having a good proper sleep will help put you in the right frame of mind tomorrow. I listen to classic fm on the radio when I'm having problems sleeping and distract myself by doing crosswords or colouring until I feel my eyes closing. My friend also bought me one of those teddies that you microwave and smells of lavender which is very comforting.

Most importantly - stop googling! There is no point in it, you are going to the doctors tomorrow and they will look at you then. Looking up symptoms now is not productive, there are no immediate benefits to you doing it.

I hope this is of some help!