PDA

View Full Version : Constant Tingling/Numb Face for 2 weeks, anyone had this or similar?

Eevie
27-10-15, 00:37
Hi everyone,

while I know I can't get a diagnosis on here I am just looking to talk to someone who's had something similar and maybe can just make me feel a little less anxious about my symptoms. I am 24 and I am agoraphobic.

I have been getting tingling sensations in my face, under my chin and into the neck area and also numbness.

It all started about 2 weeks ago, last week I had some blood tests which I am waiting for the results of. My tingling has been constant but it actually seemed to go away for about 2 days after my blood tests and now its back with a vengeance. The dr kind of assumed it was all anxiety but ran some blood tests (not sure what ones I'll ask when I ring for my results) to double check some things.

I was also getting tingling in my mouth, throat, hands and feet and legs but that doesn't seem to be as bad now its more so continued in the face.

Has anyone had constant tingling and numbness sensations in their face? I have had tingling in one side or numbness when having a panic attack, but this has been constant for a couple of weeks minus the 1 or 2 days.

The tingling and numbness is all over the face not just one side and feels like a prickly, electric feeling and its constant throughout the day.

Anyone had something similar and more so tingling and numb feelings that have lasted for a longer period of time?

Iblametheparents
27-10-15, 09:47
Yes I've had it very infrequently, for short periods of time. I don't worry about it any more.
Hyperventilation can make you tingle.
Bet you your doctor's right, and if not will probably be something easily fixed.

Cariad1
27-10-15, 10:05
Totally feel for ya Eevie!

I have had facial tingling on one side for well over a year now, possibly getting on for two!

Mine does seem to come and go but as soon as i fixate on the sensations they seem to get worse so try and ignore them.

Mine seems to be more around the cheek area and up towards my eye, Im not sure if you are teeth grinder but i think this can cause tingly numb sensations as can having neck/shoulder tension.

I have had lots of dental work done over the last couple of years ( still have orthodontic braces) and have had jaw issues for a while, im pretty sure at one point one of my dentists mentioned TMJ to me.

I really do think though the more we focus on these sensations the worse they become, i barely notice mine when im out and about and busy!

JeffY
27-10-15, 11:31
I get tingling in my face from time to time, if I get excited or worried it gets worse.