PDA

View Full Version : Panicking! at a loss with myself

Crow
27-10-15, 16:38
Ive lurked No more panic forums for many years, they have been a help an comfort to me in the past.. from just reading other peoples posts.. But now i need help.. i dont know what to do :(

Im 36 female, Ive had Depression an anxiety for many years, i can usally cope ok.. over the past few months my anxiety has been getting worse.. i know i should see my regular doctor, but i been putting it off... im paranoid he will want to increase my medicine ( im scared of my own medicines.. i know im silly.. they do help.. but i get scared over side effects.. i dont want to get MORE ill )

Over a month ago I was really tierd out after work (more so then ususal) an that night i woke up feeling hot an shaking, with my stomach churning.. and i did vomit, but after this i quickly stopped shaking an felt better again... ok must just be anxiety i thought. and havent had any trouble since then,... until last saturday.

Had the same, unusally tierd after work, had been having slight nausea an stomach cramps all day, but though nothing of it, since they where very mild .. but steadily got worse in the evening , I was up all night vomiting ( couldnt stop this time ) Flushing hot an cold an shaking, looking in the mirror, i noted my lips looked abit blue.. but maybe thats got i as really pale at the time.. im not sure. I managed to get some anti-sickness pills that stopped the vomiting, but still had the stomach cramps an nausia over the next 2 days,as well as dizzyness, feverish, diarrhea.. an REALLY bad back pain ( which could of been from the constant vomiting at the time ) some pain killers eased the back pain through.
I was thinking maybe i got food posioning (dodgy take away i had a few days before this ) from the NHS website .. theese where the symptoms

I have health anxiety.. i worry ALOT that somthing is wrong with my heart - ive had ecg, an 24 hour ecg a year ago.. in my doctors attempt to prove to me that there is nothing wrong with me (i still worry)

Through im starting to feel better from my maybe food poisioning? Im now in a panic!! i know i shouldnt google syptoms , but alot of the things i been going through also came up as heart problems.. so i been sitting here in tears, an having panicking.. not knowing what to do... did i mistake my stomach troubles for a heart attack?? i dont want to bother A&E if its just me being stuiped with a panic attack, I tried NHS help line, they where of no help.. they gave me a number for mental health team at my local hospital, ( i dont think they understood it wasnt my anxiety i was trying to talk to them about ) I did ring the number they gave me .. but it seemed to be a wrong number :S
now.. what do i do?? ive tried to get a doctors appointment , but the only one i could get is in 2 weeks ... im at a loss

Im sorry for the large amount of text, an my crap grammer

trus75
27-10-15, 17:09
even if some of those symptoms are common in a heart attack (and in a million other diseases), others are not common at all... fever, diarrhea, back pain are definately not very usual. It really sounds like some Gastroenteritis.

jayb1
27-10-15, 17:14
Google is evil for health research especially for people with health anxiety. I've been told by people who have had a heart attack that you would definitely know if youve had one. Have you not got a walk in centre near where you live to save waiting 2 weeks to see gp? To me it sounds like you had a bug of some sort. Imagine if a friend described the symptoms to you , you would probably say sounds like a flu like bug

Crow
27-10-15, 17:25
Thankyou for the replys, and i would agree yes. i let my anxietys get the better of me..as usual.

Im not sure if there is a walk in center, ill have to look into that...
Ill try my doctors again in the morning, sometimes they can squeeze you in if its urgent.

nikita
28-10-15, 12:27
Hi Crow. The symptoms you described are things I suffer with too from time to time and often come on here to get reassurance. It sounds like anxiety to me. I say that because the symptoms are so similiar to mine. They go away eventually and never develop into anything sinister. Remember that the common sayings such as 'my stomach is in knots', 'butterflies in tummy', 'sick to the stomach' etc are all used every day because it is a well known fact that anxiety/stress/tiredness/worry/falling in love/excitement cause these physical feelings. Don't worry.