PDA

View Full Version : Hello. Recently joined.

Girl in SF
28-10-15, 00:40
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking around for a while. I've felt a lot of relief reading some of these threads. I'm sad that anyone has to suffer through anxiety but I am happy that we don't have to do it alone.

A little bit about me:
I'm a 25 year old woman in San Francisco. (Is it odd to give a location?)
My anxiety picked up about 4 or 5 years ago.
I'm a generally anxious person but severe health anxiety has taken over as of late.
At times, I'm consumed by it. It's affects other areas of my life. It's a nightmare.

I guess that's all for now. Not sure what else to say.

venusbluejeans
28-10-15, 00:46
Hiya Girl in SF and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

nataliejosephine
28-10-15, 20:30
Hi, nice to meet you. I joined today as well :)
I'm 23 and live in England, UK. I have a small history of anxiety but only in the past couple of weeks have I had severe panic attacks and anxiety.

It is a hoirrible thing to have, but let's hope we can do as well as we can and fight this! :D

Girl in SF
29-10-15, 19:11
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

About a month ago, I went to the DR because I convinced myself I had skin cancer. After my new PCP and two dermatologists looked at my mole, they told me it was nothing. Thankfully, my PCP realized that there was an underlying issue there. We talked for a while about my anxiety and he prescribed me Celexa and Ativan. This was the first time I'd ever talked to a DR about my GA and HA. He also ordered some blood work to see what physiological issues could be causing my depression and anxiety.

After reading stories about people gaining weight on Celexa, I decided I didn't want to take it. So I haven't. I do, however, take the Ativan when I start to have intrusive thoughts. I think it helps, in the moment, but most of the time, depending on how depressed I am that day, it just knocks me right out.

I have an appt with a psychologist next month. I'm going to talk to her about the meds, see what other options there are.

Do you have any recommendations on medications or therapies that will help with HA?

Thanks so much.

-D