PDA

View Full Version : Help! What are my pains?

panicBill
28-10-15, 03:06
My first post here. Hello all.

I have had chest pains for as long as I remember, 10 years or so. (I am 23) however they became worse a month ago. The reason for this is a testicle lump I found. So everything went though my mind, even if it spread to my lungs to give me lung cancer. So obviously this made pains worse.

After a week I had enough, so i called for a ambulance. They checked my heart, monitored it, checked my back and listened to my lungs, EVERYTHING fine they said. Infact I have very healthy lungs. But maybe they were just saying that.

I went to the doctor and he felt it, and he could tell in only seconds it was not cancer. Just a type of cyst.

Then I started to get better, no more pains, at all. Then they came back after telling me a paramedic got it wrong with someone before. So i thought "What if they got it wrong for me"? then the pains started again.

So I went back to the doctors, and he listened to my heart, and everything was fine. He gave me some pills for the chest pain that will help anxiety.

Is this all in my head? Can anxiety really cause pains all over my chest then shoot into my arms, give me twitches at times?

I am so scared.

darinfan
28-10-15, 03:16
Hi. I'm not sure why I feel I can calm other people down and think rationally for them, but can't for myself. It's mad, right? I hope others have the same issue!

Anyway, I don't think it's in your head, but that doesn't mean anxiety or panic isn't causing it. Or the thought of it isn't causing it. Someone starts scratching across the room - what's the first thing you do? Or someone says the local school has headlice - we all start feeling them ourselves. I think it works in the same way. Once that seed is planted, it takes over when we're not aware and just takes over. Anxiety or panic makes our heart beat faster, makes us sweat, makes our blood pressure go up...so there's no reason why it shouldn't cause other physical symptom too, right?

panicBill
28-10-15, 03:23
Hi. I'm not sure why I feel I can calm other people down and think rationally for them, but can't for myself. It's mad, right? I hope others have the same issue!

Anyway, I don't think it's in your head, but that doesn't mean anxiety or panic isn't causing it. Or the thought of it isn't causing it. Someone starts scratching across the room - what's the first thing you do? Or someone says the local school has headlice - we all start feeling them ourselves. I think it works in the same way. Once that seed is planted, it takes over when we're not aware and just takes over. Anxiety or panic makes our heart beat faster, makes us sweat, makes our blood pressure go up...so there's no reason why it shouldn't cause other physical symptom too, right?

Do you mean it could be a heart problem or cancer?

darinfan
28-10-15, 03:34
No. The opposite. I mean it's probably panic or anxiety. I'm saying anxiety and panic can cause us to feel anything - including chest pains. Your doc gave you the all clear, and the paramedic gave you the all clear, so that only leaves anxiety.

panicBill
28-10-15, 03:35
No. The opposite. I mean it's probably panic or anxiety. I'm saying anxiety and panic can cause us to feel anything - including chest pains. Your doc gave you the all clear, and the paramedic gave you the all clear, so that only leaves anxiety.

True, I just want to get over this, they hurt, but its the worry that hurts most:(

darinfan
28-10-15, 03:40
I know the feeling. The worry is always the worst. But if two professionals have carried out tests, then there's no need to worry.