PDA

View Full Version : Help please - Anyone else had completely numb arm?

heathermarie41
28-10-15, 06:37
Hi. Has anyone else had problems with pins and needles and/or numbness in arms? I woke up this morning with a completely numb arm! Terrified me initially as the sensation was very odd. Feeling came back fairly quickly but I wonder whether it was anxiety related as I've had quite a lot of pins and needles in fingers lately? Would really appreciate any replies! Thanks.

swgrl09
28-10-15, 11:15
This happens to me frequently when I wake up in the morning. I think it is pretty normal. It just means you slept on it funny and cut the blood flow off for a little.

nomorepanic
28-10-15, 11:40
Yep every day - it is do with my bad posture apparently!

MyNameIsTerry
28-10-15, 12:12
Yep every day - it is do with my bad posture apparently!

That's interesting Nic. It's that sleeping posture? Does the quality of the mattress play a part. I'm in the process of improving my mattress with a memory foam topper and hoping it might help with some of my aches & pains.

swgrl09
28-10-15, 13:14
I have a memory foam topper that helped a little, but it's old now so I'm looking into new options.

Movielife
28-10-15, 17:02
I've had this for years, used to be very rare but since my anxiety became a problem it's been happening a lot more, and I believe the propranolol hasn't helped one bit.

Trying different medication in next few days.

mnaha
29-10-15, 02:50
Happens to me a lot because the way I sleep . Believe me there is nothing to worry about.. just happens sometimes.. nothing sinister or dangerous..

MyNameIsTerry
29-10-15, 04:39
I have a memory foam topper that helped a little, but it's old now so I'm looking into new options.

Thanks. I guess you will be looking for a new mattress with an inbuilt one then?

swgrl09
29-10-15, 12:16
Possibly. We are trying to hold out as long as we can, as mattresses can be so expensive to get good ones. I have a bad back so I need something good. I was thinking either that, or one of the sleep number beds. Those are super expensive though.

23tana
29-10-15, 12:56
My left arm used to go to sleep often. I had to pick it up with my right hand and shake the life back into it. I always slept on my left side so I must have been trapping it. There's been no lasting damage.

EnoughAlready
10-11-15, 23:11
Had pins n needles in my hand a numbness to n my arm for a week, paranoid. Nurse says as I have back pain as well its just the nerves being irritated, doing my head in though. Feel like I have a dead upper right arm all the time