PDA

View Full Version : Blood in stool ugh

Da
28-10-15, 08:17
A few days ago, I (TMI warning) passed a very painful stool and saw blood in/on my stool, probably medium red. I was initially worried, but assumed it was just a fissure and carried on (because my stool was painful to pass making a fissure the most viable suspect)

About 15 minutes ago the same thing happened but without the pain. Of course I seek out reassurance on th Internet and read that anal fissures/hemmeroids typically present as bright, bright red blood that drips on the toilet/toilet paper and only occasionally cover the feces. I also read that darker red blood/blood that's "mixed" with the stool is serious (and FAR closer to what I'm experiencing)

I'm freaking out. I thought I had celiac/IBS but I just don't know now. Anyone have any answers? Should I really be worried? :weep:

dizzy daisy
28-10-15, 09:10
Hi my mum gets this and it was diagnosed as IBS and also a few piles. Mention it to your dr for piece of mind or pop into a walk in centre, they're really good. If it's anything to worry about its normally thick tar stools. It is normal for fissures/piles to leave traces of blood on the stool so try not to worry.

Iblametheparents
28-10-15, 09:51
Have been eating beetroot? I'm not trying to be funny here.

Sounds more like you were a bit dehydrated and lacking in roughage and that's why your poo hurt. It'll probably right itself in a few days.

Da
28-10-15, 16:25
Have been eating beetroot? I'm not trying to be funny here.

Sounds more like you were a bit dehydrated and lacking in roughage and that's why your poo hurt. It'll probably right itself in a few days.

Nope no beetroot

I'm just worried because I had it 3-4 days after the first time, without any pain but still with blood mixed in

Pepperpot
28-10-15, 18:22
I never have pain, but regularly go to the toilet, turn around to wipe, and the amount of blood resembles something out of a horror film.. it is piles

Da
28-10-15, 19:48
I never have pain, but regularly go to the toilet, turn around to wipe, and the amount of blood resembles something out of a horror film.. it is piles

See the thing that worries me is my blood seems to be "mixed in" with the stool, as oppose to the bright red blood everywhere associated with hemmeroids and fissures

glorialimjyyy
28-10-17, 06:58
Hi there, i have exactly what you are experiencing. I went to the toilet ytd, I was bleeding after I wiped. That’s because I have internal piles. But today, I had blood mixed inside one of my small piece of poop. It was so visible that I know there’s blood I that piece of shit. And it’s also red/dark red but red. And I am very scared. I think I have colon cancer this time.

If anyone had the similar case as me and had get checked. Pls tell me:( issit cancer