PDA

View Full Version : Sinus-like pressure after workout- Help!

AnxiousLife
28-10-15, 17:57
Good morning,

I have been suffering with anxiety for about a year or so. Been trying to rebuild my life lately by keeping busy, which generally helps, but still have panic attacks and heart palpitations quite often. Currently prescribed a benzo and will begin CBT as soon as my insurance is approved.

I have a naturally fast heart rate at rest and while exercising, it goes through the roof. I've been through holtor monitors, stress test, etc and they all come back clear, with the exception of a few benign arrhythmias here and there. My doctor says I should have no problems exercising, but I can't help but get freaked out when my heart rate gets SO high after barely doing anything. My blood pressure tends to spike way up as well.

Because of this, I have been quite lazy in my exercise...mainly due to fear. However, I am in the entertainment business and had a pretty big dance rehearsal last night for the first time in quite a while. I felt out of breath and felt my heart rate sky rocket as per usual, but made it through and felt pretty proud of myself afterwards! BUT, as I was driving home, I had the most extreme pressure behind my nose and eyes...almost like sinus pressure. I hadn't felt sick and didn't feel this during the rehearsal. It lasted about 10 minutes and then went away. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it really just be sinus related or do I need to be concerned about a more serious problem?

I know this is probably a question for my doctor, but I do not want to bother him with another one of my problems if this is something that can occur normally.

Thank you for your advice.

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

I just did a little blood pressure test. This morning it was 110/75. I ran up a flight of stairs and it spiked to 138/89...just from that one flight. Then after 5 min rest went back to 117/78. Is this normal?

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Anyone had this? Anyone at all.. :)