PDA

View Full Version : shooting head pains

white1989
28-10-15, 15:29
hi all,

I've posted about this before but today it feels really different.

Over the last half hour I've had these horrible massive shooting pains in my head, not like a tiny shot in one area, but more like a massive pulsating sort of pain that just shoots in my head out of nowhere and then sort of goes a second later, but I'm having a general dull ache in my head at the same time.

I've had shooting pains before but these were huge and felt like a shock through my whole head, which I've never had before.

I didn't have a lot of sleep last night and had a fairly stressful evening where I got very upset and worked up, don't know if this could have something to do with it, but of course my HA is telling me I've got a hemorage, brain tumour, onset of a stroke etc!

Can anyone advise?

Da
28-10-15, 16:36
Sounds like some sort of ice pick headache(s) with a migraine. I get them all the time, often with eachother. Even if it's not that, migraines and stress often present themselves in odd ways, and as long as you're not experiencing glaring neurological symptoms not associated with anxiety/stress or experiencing vomiting not related to any other known issue I wouldn't worry about it. I think everyone on here experiences weird shit like that from time to time.

I think you should talk to your doctor though. Not because I'm worried this could be something bad, but because talking to the doctor will get you peace of mind and most likely a remedy for your symptoms

Sounds funny giving this advice when I never take it lmao :doh:

white1989
28-10-15, 17:19
Hi Da,

thank you for your reply, hopefully it is just something minor! I was in hospital a few months back with headaches and had MRI and CT scans and they found absolutely nothing, and just told me it was tension headaches. That should give me piece of mind but obviously it doesn't when you're a HA sufferer:roflmao:

its only come on in the last hour and I've been under a fair bit of stress recently so I'm hoping its related to that. I haven't been experiencing any other symptoms like vomiting etc like you said so hopefully you're right!

lol I'm the same, full of advise for others but never taking it onboard myself!!!

thank you for your support x