PDA

View Full Version : frightened of having a panic attack away from home

gordie1
28-10-15, 17:29
Hi there I have been invited out tonight by 2 very good friends to their house, I had turned them down twice before because they live 7 miles away. Now I have been invited with a friend who is going and she is driving me there and back. I am starting to get anxious now have been most of the afternoon. I think the thing is what if I have a panic attack at being away from home I cant suddenly ask the lady to drive me home if she is enjoying herself so I am stuck however I am ok at travelling in the dark and I have taken the precaution of the bus times with me and I know where the stop is so if I freak out I know I can get a bus and I am taking diazepam with me just in case. I want to enjoy the evening its nice to be asked out how can i tell the what ifs to shutup?!!

dally
28-10-15, 20:41
Just seen your post. So, I hope you're actually out with your friends having a great time.
You've done all you can.
You've got your safety measures sorted. Is Valium and bus times.
So at least you know you'll b fine for f you have to leave early.
Valium is a good med for anxiety. But I would caution its use in a social event.
Because if it relaxes you this time, you may think you need it on another social occasion.
Or
You could use Valium on a few social occasions, till the threats of panic become lessened and you find you don't need to take it any more.

Propanalol, is a good med that reduces adrenaline, which for me, slows of stops the spiral of anxiety.
I have taken it successfully on quite a few social functions