PDA

View Full Version : Tiredness triggers anxiety

damianjmcgrath
28-10-15, 18:44
Recently, I've found that tiredness is really triggering my anxiety. Tonight, for example, I'm exhausted, and my head is heavy, all I want to do is close my eyes. I'm the sort of tired where my body is weak and it makes me feel like my heart is struggling. It feels like a car engine struggling - like it's low on power. I've also got some chest and arm aches - even the aches feel weak and tired!

I'm not sure what symptoms are tiredness or what symptoms are caused by my anxiety. It's worse today because I had a good sleep last night, eaten and drunk well today and there's no reason for me to be this tired. I keep thinking that lethargy and fatigue is a sign of serious illnesses, and that is probably causing other symptoms.

Does anyone find them feeling more tired than usual with anxiety, and does tiredness itself cause you anxious thoughts?

Leah1971
28-10-15, 18:51
Yes absolutely! It can be like a viscous cycle. I try to get as much sleep as I can and do whatever I can to work on reducing the anxiety.

damianjmcgrath
28-10-15, 18:55
I was pretty tired last night and it feels a different type of tiredness than usual. Normally, I feel tired and relaxed. Now I feel tired and on edge. It feels like a full body weakness tiredness. I can't explain it. Doesn't feel right.

Last night, I suddenly got wet stingy eyes and could barely focus straight. That went after a sleep. Right now, it feels like my bones are aching and its too much effort to breathe properly!

I'm hoping anxiety is creating these feelings, as opposed to my body shutting down!

Leah1971
28-10-15, 19:19
Sounds like anxiety to me. It can be seriously exhausting. I get burning eyes. It's a sign of the tiredness. They also go red.

damianjmcgrath
28-10-15, 19:36
I think I'm a bit tired as well but maybe I've done the old anxiety favourite of misinterpreting body signs!

TheMadOladCoger
28-10-15, 19:50
Most defiantly, I think my Anxiety got to the point that it is now as I was tired for a couple of weeks and wasn't sleeping well.

damianjmcgrath
28-10-15, 20:06
I was hugely anxious 2 or 3 nights ago but didn't feel tired, just felt really worked up and on edge. Then last night and tonight, I don't really feel anxious (or didn't!) but felt super tired. Maybe it was my body dealing with the anxiety from a few nights ago, like a delayed reaction.