PDA

View Full Version : Health Anxiety Fears - Tumor

Xeonocide
28-10-15, 21:55
Good day to all,

Let me begin by stating that this year for me has been rather traumatic. I like to think that in most cases I am rather strong willed mentally but unfortunately this is not always the case; especially in the last two month. Let's just say that my grandmothers untimely demise due to cancer has prompted me to over analyse everything I have experienced. It had also up until two months ago led to a rather lengthy alcohol binge. Now completely devoid of this substance, I am trying to deal with this grief in other ways; namely the hard way - CBT, no medications of any kind and healthy living.

This brings us to the present. Somehow in the last week I have developed this rather ominous fear that I am dying of a brain tumor. Let me express my symtoms: a feeling of pressure above my eyes in the frontal region of my brain, every now and again MINOR headaches which are usually precipitated by bouts of stress, twitching ONLY before I am trying to fall asleep (very unnerving) and finally my thought that my pupils are not EXACTLY the same, though several family members feel that I am simply barking mad and this is not the case. I will note that even with me looking the difference is very small but I could have sworn that previously there was no difference at all (its less then 1mm). Can stress cause this? On top of this I notice that every now and again I hit the wrong keys on the keyboard, and I stumble on my words every now and again but this could just be insomnia right?

In reality I find myself to be a rather logical and reasonable person. This is something I pride myself on, and if I see something, I naturally research it - and research it I have. What I have found on this subject was mortifying and has since led to crippling anxiety and insomnia.

Overall I just wonder if my symptoms are likely to get worse and turn into something much more ominous.

Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Anyone?

Movielife
28-10-15, 22:49
I think emotional stress and anxiety are causing your problems.

Xeonocide
29-10-15, 22:41
Saw an eye doctor today, who ruled out the pupil size part of the equation. Still a little bit worried about the twitching before sleep and the muddling of my words every now and again but yes it is indeed probably stress related as the above poster indicated.

Xeonocide
30-10-15, 16:41
Still quite a bit worried today. So far I am still noticing a very slight pressure in the frontal region of my head (or is it a barely noticeable headache) which I have now had for over a week. On top of this I almost think that I am making more mistakes with my typing (often hitting the wrong keys) both on the computer and on my cell phone. This I could have been doing before but I'm not certain. I would just love some peace of mind.

Xeonocide
05-11-15, 15:17
Still extremely nervous. Noticed that when I slept last night I had the occasional pang on the right side of my head. This seemed to go away upon waking up but I still have this pressure in the front of my head. I also still notice that I am messing up my typing. This is very distressing.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

The unequal pupils where also distressing but they responded to light; as stated by the eye doctor.

PB1980
05-11-15, 15:31
I am very concious that the more Anxious I am, the more wrong keys I hit. It feels like you must have a Brain tumour right? Try typing again in a more relaxed state of mind and I'm sure it will improve. What I would advise is that you go see a Dr asap. Not because I think anything is wrong (I'm not a Dr!) but because I know that if left unchecked then the anxiety will get worse and the perceived 'symptoms' will become more severe. Getting a professional to tell you that you're fine is a good feeling! Good luck

Xeonocide
05-11-15, 15:41
This I understand all to well. I do think it is all just in my head, and I have in fact been to a GP. I just still feel down right dreadful.