PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Take This Anymore!

RossA93
28-10-15, 20:33
Hey everyone, this Is a bit weird for me to talk about but I need to get It off my chest, for the past 2 weeks now I have had a really bad fear about Appendicitis, I went to my doctor who said he's not concerned that It's Appendicitis so I have nothing to worry about, but for the majority of today I have been getting a dull pain that comes and goes, I keep thinking that my appendix Is going to burst and I can't stop worrying :( I hate feeling like this and I can't take It anymore :(

Girl in SF
28-10-15, 22:16
Hi RossA93,

I have crazy bad health anxiety, too. Although appendicitis has never really been that much of a concern for me, I do know that when you have it, it comes QUICK. Meaning, if you were feeling pain in that area one day, it would get progressively worse within hours leading you to seek medical help ASAP.

I've had friends and colleagues who have had appendicitis and like I said, it comes fast. Just the fact that your pain comes and goes points away from appendicitis. One of my friends had a pain in his stomach and within hours he was in tears and unable to move. We had to get him to the ER fast. Edit: I wanted to mention that he had his appendix removed and now he is perfectly fine.

Not sure where your pain is but it could be digestion or gas, too. Just remember: if you have appendicitis, you will know and you will know it within hours.

Breath easy, you'll be fine. :)

RossA93
28-10-15, 23:27
Thank you for the reply and your kind words! You have helped me put my mind at ease a little, I just need to try and forget about the whole situation, but It's hard when you have an anxiety disorder :(

Girl in SF
29-10-15, 19:25
I'm happy that I could help you a little.

I know it's hard and I understand why appendicitis can ignite so much anxiety in a person. The great news is that people have appendicitis all the time, it's totally treatable, and if you do have it, you'll have the appendectomy and be fine within days.