PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of sleeping?

sl1nky
28-10-15, 20:48
The one thing i hate doing or have difficulty doing the most is getting to sleep and getting out of bed in the morning... I have to exhaust myself to get to sleep because i know if i don't i'd just lay there for 2-3 hours staring at the back of my eyelids. Now i don't want sleeping meds cause the whole idea of an induced sleep creeps me out, but does anyone else feel scared to sleep? It's the idea that everything just turns black what if i don't wake up? :huh: also if i leave myself to lay there for thoes 2-3 hours i'd mostly overthink :doh:
I have resorted to using an app that makes me scan the barcodes of products in various locations in my room, umongs doing verious other puzzles just to get me out of bed in the morning and so far that seems to be working :')

Oosh
28-10-15, 21:45
I used to listen to talk radio at bedtime. Now there are so many podcast conversations about so many things I will ALWAYS listen to a podcast on my phone at bedtime. I set it to go off after an hour and barely ever stay awake long enough to listen to that whole hour.

Go at the same time every night. Get up same time each morning. Listening to a podcast conversation will get let your mind turn off each night.

Have a carb evening meal. That usually relaxes me and helps me sleep deeper too.

sl1nky
28-10-15, 22:53
I used to listen to talk radio at bedtime. Now there are so many podcast conversations about so many things I will ALWAYS listen to a podcast on my phone at bedtime. I set it to go off after an hour and barely ever stay awake long enough to listen to that whole hour.

Go at the same time every night. Get up same time each morning. Listening to a podcast conversation will get let your mind turn off each night.

Have a carb evening meal. That usually relaxes me and helps me sleep deeper too.

Thats actually a great idea thanks! :yesyes:

js1803
29-10-15, 05:37
Well, I used to be afraid of sleeping because I would stop breathing. I developed this problem 8 months ago where I would stop breathing right before I would fall asleep. I still have this problem today, but its improving. Honestly, I'm just used to it.

What you need to do is just beleive that you will wake up. Your body has an autopilot function. When you go to sleep, it kicks on fully. You will wake up.

Try to pray every night if you have believe in a higher power, or use positive affirmations such as " I will wake up in the morning" "I will have a good night's rest"

Drink Chamomile tea before bed.. will help you relax or take L-theanine or melatonine.

GingerFish
29-10-15, 11:34
I go through phrases of being scared to sleep. I'm not scared of not waking up or anything like that, I'm scared that I'll wake up feeling more anxious or depressed than I feel before going to bed and I don't want to start the day off feeling those feelings but I know if I done an all nighter, I would definitely have increased anxiety in the morning so I just have to sleep.

I find it hard to drift off every night, no matter how shattered I am.