PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Sshelton
28-10-15, 20:50
Hi I am Steve and I am 41 from the united states

I have never really dealt with anxiety/panics much through my life . Had few small episodes when younger. so this is all really new and scary to me. I had a huge panic attack couple months ago . Followed by several attacks for weeks after . Started meds couple weeks ago and have not had any panic since. I just can't feel myself or have any motivation . I am seeing a theropist also.
Very little sleep and very hard to work all I want to do Is lay in bed.it is a dialy battle. I have improved. Is it normal to continue to feel so bad?
I ran into this site and it has really helped me feel better !!

Steve

venusbluejeans
28-10-15, 20:56
Hiya Sshelton and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Sshelton
29-10-15, 12:24
I just started Paxil 2 weeks ago 5 mg and up to 10mg starting tomorrow. I am so scared of this illness. It's all so new to me. It's so hard to believe it's anxiety and not something else. I am trying to accept. But the dreaded nights and mornings the cycle starts all over.
Thanks
Steve

Sshelton
29-10-15, 13:46
Thanks ! At least the panics have stopped. If I could just get my head to stop thinkn non stop bout it. And these dreaded mornings! So hard to even go to work.

Steve.

Sshelton
29-10-15, 14:24
Central us. Missouri.

Yes I have forced myself to work also. Missed some days at the hieght of my anxiety attacks. The attacks have subsided somewhat. Trying hard to think positive. Thanks joe!