PDA

View Full Version : Something really strange happened last night - not sure if i was blacking out!

damianjmcgrath
29-10-15, 08:02
I'm sure this has a perfectly reasonable explanation but it really freaked me out last night, made me panic and is still making me a bit worried now.

I was in bed, feeling really tired. I'd posted on here about how my tiredness seemed worse than usual, like I was weak all over, couldn't properly focus etc.

I was listening to a comedy podcast on my mp3 player with my headphones in. I was listening to it, rather than just letting it wash over me. Suddenly I noticed that the conversation didn't seem to flow, and that it had skipped ahead a few minutes. I didn't notice it skip, it's like it flowed naturally. I moved the timer back a bit and it played the missing section which I definitely hadn't heard.

This happened 3 or 4 times.

Because my mp3 screen was off and I wasn't clock watching, I couldn't tell how much it was skipping by but it seemed to be a few mins each time.

Now, either, I was sleeping for 3/4 minutes, then waking up, but it didn't feel like that. It felt like there wasn't a break at all.

Or the mp3 was skipping. I was playing it from my local hard drive over WiFi so it's a possibility but normally it starts to break up first.

Or something else was happened, a few mins were passing without my knowledge of them, like some sort of blackout. Is it even possible?

Has anyone experienced the same thing? Is there an obvious answer or am I worrying over nothing? Is it just because I was super tired?