PDA

View Full Version : Really scared

GadGirl
29-10-15, 15:19
Hey everyone, sorry this is so long

So yesterday I had a horrendous time of it. Woke up yesterday morning feeling absolutely horrendous sore neck sore throat sore teeth sinus all blocked sneezing etc cold right... But my temp was up at 38.8 and had a heart rate of 160.

Ended up phoning an ambulance as I generally thought I was dying was really scared.

Got to hospital and was a mess and just total panic!!! Kept asking the doctors if I was dying and just flapping all over the place and crying. Ended up with IV of parocemtomal and saline but ecg only picked up sinus tachycardia. So normal just really fast pulse and temp eventually came down after 3 hours temp of 37.4 and heart rate of 101. Chest X-ray came back fine and all bloods came back normal except wbc of 14,000 which shows infection I'm guessing the cold.

I'm just still really worried though that something was missed as my temp is still sitting at 37.1 -37.5 and keep getting moments were my heart goes up to 110 do you think this is anxiety and a cold or there is something really wrong??

SW_Pat
29-10-15, 15:25
It sounds that way to me. Your heart rate can be explained by the anxiety you are feeling, and the temps can be explained by your body trying to fight off the infection. I know you must be scared, but based off of that I think you will be ok. I hope you feel better soon!

daisyflower
29-10-15, 16:07
Sounds like you have one of the nasty viral infections going around right now! It's normal for heart rate to increase when you have an infection, it's meant to happen. Mine thumps so loud and fast I can hear it on my pillow when I lie down when I'm i'll! You will be better in a few days, I'm sure X

hillface
29-10-15, 16:09
Your heart is just working hard to get you better.

The more you concentrate on your heart rate, the faster it's going to become, more than likely.

The best thing you can do is breathe at a normal rate and take some cold remedies to fight off this illness. My anxiety always gets worse when I'm ill and my heart rate hits the roof! But I just keep my breathing normal, drink a ginger or camomile tea and it calms it down then.

Hope you're okay :hugs:

GadGirl
29-10-15, 17:34
Hey guys thanks for the kind words, it was just so scary as iv never reacted like that with a cold and iv never had a temperature with a cold. As I said all my blood tests were fine except the obv one for infection but as you know anxiety likes to fill your minds with what ifs... I have 2 thermometers I for oral and one I have decided to use as rectum now my oral one jumps between the 37.1 and 37.5 but the one I used for my rectum made s different bleep and it said 38.1 I'm really worried now that that is my actual temp and that it's not coming down.

FeelLikeNeo
29-10-15, 19:03
The heart thing is the worst, because that can contribute to so many different conditions. Tachycardia is normal - think of it that way. There is absolutely no way a modern ECG with professional doctors would miss a heart problem.

Take some paracetamol or something and go for a lukewarm bath. Relax!

daisyflower
29-10-15, 19:05
Just stop taking your temperature, why are you worried about having a temperature? It's not necessarily a cold, could be any of hundreds of viruses. I've had 2 in the last 3 months that have given me a temperature and before that, I hadn't had a temp I'm 2 years. This time of year is rife with germs. Just take paracetamol if you feel lousy and drink lots of fluids x

GadGirl
29-10-15, 20:09
It's just cause iv never had a temperature before.. And when my temp rises I don't handle heat very well then it sets my heart off and I'm just scared incase I go through what I went through yesterday :-( I am taking parocemtomal and drinking as much fluids as I can