PDA

View Full Version : Hot, sweaty, very fast heart just from tidying the house

damianjmcgrath
29-10-15, 17:13
Today, I had to clean the house in a hurry, and was up and down the stairs a lot etc. After about 15 mins or so, I noticed myself sweating profusely and when I laid on the bed, my heart was pounding out of my chest.

I don't think I'm that unfit. It wasn't even particularly strenuous. Could anxiety have contributed to that? Or could anxiety have generally lowered my fitness?

My worry is obviously that my heart is weak and can't handle a small amount of exercise.

Does anyone else get that?

AlexandriaUK
29-10-15, 18:19
What made you aware of the raised heart rate and why did you lie down on the bed, just trying to get an idea as to whether you were busy and thought your heart wouldn't cope so maybe panicked a bit? and this increased your heart rate or it could just be that you were working hard and getting a sweat on and that's why your heart rate increased.
Either could be perfectly ok and nothing to worry about.

damianjmcgrath
29-10-15, 18:38
I just finished tidying and had a phone call so I laid on the bed, finished the call, then noticed I was exhausted and beating really quick. I really don't think I'm this unfit but I have been feeling for a while that my capacity to do anything is really reduced. I am panicking and half expecting it though, I'm sort of aware of it, like "is this stressing my heart out etc".

FeelLikeNeo
29-10-15, 18:58
If you've been ill with anxiety for a while, it can take a pretty big toll on your body that you just don't recognise. Your muscle can be tense and tired, your heart rate raised permanently, etc. These things can all contribute to being more tired than usual from pretty basic exercise.

Also, if you're on any medication, especially anti-depressants, that can contribute.

Or perhaps you were just working harder than you thought - or maybe you're more unfit!

Heart problems are a possibility but an unlikely one, especially if like most anxiety sufferers you've had a million and one ECGs already :D