PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia terrorfied it might be something deadly

Jakku56
29-10-15, 20:12
Hi first of all I apologize if Iv'e posted this in the wrong place, never been good at doing posts on forums, but anyways my names Jack and I havent slept for a week, it started with my sleep patterns going all over the place because of a presentation I had to do during college, since then though I havent slept a wink, but I also don't feel sleepy so its starting to scare me now.

I fear I could have that fatal insomnia I heard about today from a friend and my symptoms seem to be the same, I know that I most likely do not have it but its hard to convince yourself that when you haven't slept for 7 days with no end in sight.

I went to the doctors yesturday and they give me nothing, no help whats so ever.

if anyone responds thx for taking the time to.

countrygirl
29-10-15, 20:50
If you have the fatal insomnia you will make national news headlines as it is so very very rare in the world and 99% of it is the genetic inherited type anyway.

I very much doubt you have not slept at all for 7 days, it is quite common for people to be in stage 1 sleep that feels like you are day dreaming rather than asleep but you are in fact asleep or for you to only sleep for very short spells that again feel like you haven't slept.
If you have spent 7 nights with your eyes completely open all the time then I apologise for doubting you:)

Adrenaline will keep you awake - I have posted recently about a bout of insomnia as I get this a few times a year and with me it lasts about 2 weeks and then goes away. I can be awake all night with my eyes open but will always sleep some the next night.

I don't know how old you are but you can buy nytol tablets from a pharmacy that are sedating antihistamines that might help although if you take them for more than 4 weeks they stop working so are only for short term use. The herb valerian can also help although they are not sleeping pills and take a week or so to have any effect.

Jakku56
29-10-15, 21:04
Ah I see thx for the response, if I think about it there have been times where I thought i was day dreaming but like in a limbo if that makes sense, so i might of had sleep then but very little 30 mins if that.

Is there any quick way I can stop the adrenaline like knocking myself out or inducing unconsciousness? , anxiety always been a bit of a tricky thing for me for years now.

Sorry Im 18 years old and I bought some type of brand sleep aids like nytol but from asda, not sure if they are working as I dont think ive slept other than the stage 1 sleep thing u mentioned, could I ask why they are only short term? the woman who gave them me also said that but I dont understand why they would be a short term if u cant sleep for ages.

alright thank u ill try to get some valerian tomorrow :)

countrygirl
29-10-15, 22:13
The nytol literally stops making you feel sleepy after 4 weeks continuious use as your body gets used to the drug. Just like conventional sleeping pills.

Maybe you could go back to your Dr and see if you could try some ani anxity meds like mitrazapine that also help you sleep?

Don't mix things so if you are taking nytol don't use valerian etc. One thing at a time to be safe.

Jakku56
29-10-15, 22:39
alrite fair enough, ill make sure to finish the course before I switch to valerian, uhh yeah I could do Ill have to check for any appointments tommorow, thanks for the help have a good evening :)

Bigboyuk
16-08-17, 19:12
Hi Jack you could try herbal sleeping remedies from Holland and Barrett's Iam all for using herbal stuff where possible :)

neuroticcat
16-08-17, 19:23
Hi Jack, i had the same problem as you after a long flight to a different time zone. I couldn't sleep at all for a week. I tried herbal sleeping pills, 4 of them at once, and they didn't help at all. I eventually fell asleep on my own after 7 days.
When im in the US i take advil PM or ZZZquil. That's the only thing that works for me. I don't know if you have access to them, but if you do, you might want to give them a try.

Fishmanpa
16-08-17, 19:28
This is an old thread. I see the OP has logged on recently so obviously it wasn't deadly ;)

Positive thoughts

Bigboyuk
16-08-17, 20:44
This is an old thread. I see the OP has logged on recently so obviously it wasn't deadly ;)

Positive thoughts Yeah that's what threw me lol when on line doesn't matter if a post was made 5 years ago they are shown as online ahh that will teach me to look at the dates Ahh Cheers