PDA

View Full Version : My mum vomited from her acid reflux need advice !!!

goldenchicks522
30-10-15, 01:44
Tonight my mum had acid reflux this is how she described it she's been having this lately tho she's put in bit weight
She had a huge tea too late I suppose maybe ate too fast while was busy doing something I think...
We had no gaviscon strawberry which she usually would take one of then the reflux would go away normally so we tried cough sweets with no real success and she also had a bit of milk as I hoped it would help.

She ended up vomiting, after this the reflux seemed to go.

I am just so worried because I can't think why she'd vomit from it !!!!
I am sure it's the acid reflux that caused the vomiting as that's what she was having b4 it happened no nausea or stomach pains to suggest a viral thing no diarrhea etc.

I've never seen something like this happen I get acid reflux but it has never made me vomit

I have health anxiety and am terrified about that and don't know what to think would the gaviscon have stopped her getting to point she vomited from it?

Should she see doctor ? Has anyone got a similar experience or randomly has vomited from acid reflux when they never had vomited from it before?

I am scared. Need advice about this.

2Anxious
30-10-15, 02:51
This is nothing to worry about. I bet she felt great relief after vomiting. I don't know the medical lingo or reasons why but it's happened to me before. For me it felt like the acid was trapped at the top of my stomach but I had no stomach pains. Once I was sick I felt a lot better.

rsanchez
30-10-15, 05:19
She had a huge tea. Most likely this means she got too full too quickly and her stomach resisted, sending it back up. I've had this happen to me too once after eating a huge meal.

Some people have acid reflux caused by a weak sphincter, the one that allows food to go down the esophagus and into the stomach, but (normally) prevents food from going back into the esophagus. If someone with a weak sphincter eats too much, the food is much more likely to go back up along with some stomach acid. The acid irritates the esophagus and you throw up.

It's not an emergency, but it would improve your mom's quality of life to get the acid reflux treated.