PDA

View Full Version : New to the site today !

seascape
30-10-15, 10:07
Hi all,
This is my first time on this site or indeed any forum to do with panic etc.

I suffer from anxiety, NOT depression or low mood usually and very thankfully.
My problem is that I have been on medication (Seroxat) for around eighteen years, and for the last year have reduced the amount bit by bit.My doctor thought that since I had got down to 5m, my body wouldn't even notice it anyway as it was medically such a small amount that it was of no use. Obviously I was a bit alarmed at that and asked for the syrup which I gradually reduced.Since I finished it last week, I am back to horrid shallow breathing and feeling like I can't go anywhere without this feeling disabling me. The doctor insists it can't be withdrawal from the tablet.
I feel like they think I'm imagining it, or thinking the placebo of taking a tablet every day was helping me.Right or wrong, I was quite comfortable on the 5m tablet, proud I had got down that far from 40 and lived my life quite normally...until I was pestered to get off the tablet.
Anyway, that's me, sorry it was such a long introduction !
Seascape.

venusbluejeans
30-10-15, 10:14
Hiya seascape and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

MRS STRESS ED
30-10-15, 10:17
:welcome:glad you could join us xxxx

Dunx
30-10-15, 14:21
Not computer savvy, is this part of @introduce yourself?

Dunx

lindajoy1
02-11-15, 12:57
hi seascape, I think you have done very well and be very proud of what you have achieved in withdrawal. welcome to the site.
lindajoy1:)

eddiep
02-11-15, 15:33
Hi all, new here today hoping to get some information ? i have been suffering from panic disorder and agoraphobia since Feb and my doctor has put me on the antidepressant venlaflaxine 150 mg a day and although they do tend to calm me, im having panic attacks 4 sometimes 5 a day witch as you may no can be quite exhausting, ok so at the moment i am getting the ESA benefit and in the process of trying to claim for the benefit pip- i have sent my medical letters to them from my psychiatrist and my nuropsychiarrist in support of my claim, cant anybody please tell me the possibility of a positive outcome, kind regards, eddie