PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Anxiety problem.

Didz1912
30-10-15, 10:20
OK all, I really need some help, advice and thoughts on this.
It is regarding my wife and her anxiety and recent events.

To set the background a bit: My wife has anxiety and is currently signed off work with work related anxiety and depression. Currently she has no return to work date.

So over the last 6-8 months she has become more secretive with her mobile phone and what she is doing.

I thought something was wrong or something but dismissed it due to the anxiety.
However, she has been having social moments with her 'best friend' where they would talk all the time then to not talking for weeks.

I kept telling her to just end the friendship as it was setting off her anxiety when they where not talking and the guy is a bit of a (insert rude word here!)

But she kept going back to talking to him.... Again I put this down to her anxiety and someone she feels comfortable to talk to.

But this is put me in a state of paranoia, thinking that there is something else happening here.

She is never parted from her mobile so I can never really secretly check. (I know this is invading her privacy but if it is nothing then I could really hurt her and her anxiety.)

But last night she got up in a rush to the loo and left her mobile behind next to the bed.... so I checked it!

And so I found some 'interesting' messages.

They refereed to when she went over to his place last week and they where deftly of a sexual nature of things they where going to do.

So um...... yer....... what do I do?
I don't mind telling her I read her mobile, but how and what do I do?

My thoughts are:

If I confront her at the moment with her in a anxiety attack phase, could this make her worse and spiral downwards?

Do I leave it till she gets back to work? Or would this set her anxiety off again and she could be off work again.

Or do I leave it and not say anything for the moment?

Any thoughts, comments or help will be appreciated.
(I won't hold anyone to it or blame you. It's my final decision on what to do)

Many thanks,

Didz1912

MRS STRESS ED
30-10-15, 10:33
well to be honest if it was me I would confront her give her a chance to explain anxiety or not ,I don't think its healthy for you to hold it inside until she gets better or back to work think about your mental health what this could do to you ,and lets be honest it might not be anything more than the messages good luck keep us posted more than anything do what is best for you no one else xx