PDA

View Full Version : head pangs seriously freaking me out :( please help

white1989
30-10-15, 11:43
I've been having strange shooting pains in the left side of my head for the last 3 days, I sometimes get the odd shooting pain in my head but never permanently for 3 days! my head feels really pressured and I'm getting these shoots which feel like massive pulsating pains and its specifically in the top left side of my head just behind my temple. it varies through the day but i'm getting like 4 and hour sometimes. I'm really freaking out that this is something sinister, can anyone offer any reassurance?

:weep:

Randara
30-10-15, 11:51
I can't give a diagnosis obviously, but I've been having similar recently. Turns out it is because I've had problems with my inner ears which in turn affects the nerves in my head and sinus. I found the more I focuses on them the more they happened!

Does your doctors surgery have a callback service? Might be worth calling up and speaking to a doctor over the phone to put your mind at ease. Otherwise there's 111 who can give some advice.

LunaLiuna
30-10-15, 12:49
Like Randara mentioned, we cannot diagnose you for anything. I do not think anyone here can. But if you look back through the hundred of posts on this forum you will find you are not alone.

I have suffered from them, and they came when I was thinking about what it could be. Eventually though, it turned out to be a mixture of anxiety, stress, overall upper body tension and teeth clenching!

SW_Pat
30-10-15, 13:13
Not sure if it's the same reason, but I was getting those frequently on the ride side of my head. Got my wisdom teeth removed on that side and since then I haven't had any head pains or pressures. Sometimes it's the silliest reasons.

white1989
30-10-15, 15:03
thanks for your responses everyone! I never thought of wisdom tooth I guess that could be a possibility. I didn't mention that I've been waking up with quite bad pain in my back teeth/jaw area, so perhaps I am grinding my teeth in the night without realising?

does anyone know if there's any way you can actually find out if you're grinding your teeth?

LunaLiuna
30-10-15, 15:46
The only way I found out that I was grinding my teeth, was when I had to stay in a family members room due to my mental health at the time. One morning when i woke up, they told me that during the night they had been woken up due to me grinding. After a trip to the dentist, it was confirmed, and I gained a nightly mouth guards to save my teeth!